Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Did someone try Splashtop with the bluetooth mouse? Probably also not supported, but worth a try.
    I'm trying to pair a BT mouse for this exact reason. Splashtop's website was of no use about whether it's even possible to control a remote PC with a mouse using their product on a TP (assuming you can even pair a mouse). I've submitted a ticket with them so will post to let you know what they say, but would love to hear from anyone else who has tried this.
    Pretty sure that it's just not supported. TouchPad has the bluetooth profile, but there's nothing else in there for recognizing mice. So, none of the backing software, such as Splashtop would support it.

If you're talking about using it within a relatively short range of your PC, just bluetooth the mouse to the PC itself but that doesn't help for long-range remoting.

Unfortunately, Splashtop doesn't support two connections to the same machine, otherwise I could use my iPod as a mouse with their software called "Touchpad", and my TouchPad as the remote viewer ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Unfortunately, Splashtop doesn't support two connections to the same machine, otherwise I could use my iPod as a mouse with their software called "Touchpad", and my TouchPad as the remote viewer ..
    There was an app for webOS phones that would act as mouse and keyboard over WiFi... might work? I believe the app is free, but the computer side software runs about $5 US
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzneeguy View Post
    I'm trying to pair a BT mouse for this exact reason. Splashtop's website was of no use about whether it's even possible to control a remote PC with a mouse using their product on a TP (assuming you can even pair a mouse). I've submitted a ticket with them so will post to let you know what they say, but would love to hear from anyone else who has tried this.
    So I heard back from Splashtop. It sounds like it won't work (as you all pointed out). :-( The text of their response is below...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Splashtop Support, Dec-01 22:15 (PST):
    Hi Dizzneeguy:

Thank you very much for using Splashtop Remote products of HP TouchPad!!!

Splashtop Remote doesn't support any bluetooth devices.

Sorry for the inconvenience to you and thank you for the feedback!!!

Regards,

Splashtop Support Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oh, yeah, that would work, so long as you can set it up to connect via internet. I'd just like to do it via the fact that Splashtop already -has- that feature, you just can't use it at the same time as using the remote desktop

They're sort of lying to you -- it supports the keyboard, although the keyboard support really sucks.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Patch is against the cyanogenmod kernel, so perhaps just for android?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    i see. thanks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123