Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Would be nice to get a mouse running in my ubuntu chroot. My BT mouse seemingly pairs with a passkey of 0000, but remains greyed out.
    there are other threads about this, haven't seen it working..... *yet*
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    ive also read several posts on this...... nothing usefull, just able to pair and maybe get some weird functions from it (like volume going crazy, etc) I think a proper driver will be necessary to make this work.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I tried with a Microsoft BT mouse. No joy. Wouldn't even pair.

Alan
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Just a thought but has anyone tried a BT keyboard with a built-in mouse or pad? I know it is larger than a normal BT keyboard but might be worth a try if anyone has one. Sorry I don't own one or I'd try it myself.
    Has anyone tried the BT mouse with the OpenTTD app, which shows a cursor in normal use?
    Quote Originally Posted by kevil View Post
    Has anyone tried the BT mouse with the OpenTTD app, which shows a cursor in normal use?
    Yep. Just tried it, but no luck.
    FYI the HP bluetooth keyboard will also work on Ipad, we tested it on my son's pad and it worked great. I am sure it will work with most pads. It probably will work on most smartphones although I can see no need to use on phone, a little to big to be carring around with a phone.
    Bluetooth mouse behavior unchanged with 3.0.4 ;-) I.e. Mouse will complete pairing but does not connect. Also, mouse doesn't magically become functional under Xserver
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Just wondering.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    no mice, but I did try to connect a bluetooth mouse I have. no luck with that. Have yet to find any bluetooth mice at my place.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    No Joy. I paired my Dell BT mouse with 0000 (1234, 9999, 8888 returned "Pairing Failed"). Alas, its greyed out, un-connectable.
    But webOS hasn't got the CONCEPT of a mouse pointer... What did you expect?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000. Will pair in WebOS but doesn't do anything. Reboot in CM7 and the mouse works flawlessly.
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rswain64 View Post
    I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000. Will pair in WebOS but doesn't do anything. Reboot in CM7 and the mouse works flawlessly.
    Sorry for the newbie question but what's CM7? I also have the Microsoft 5000 mouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by myPad5 View Post
    Sorry for the newbie question but what's CM7? I also have the Microsoft 5000 mouse.
    See below for information on this
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-tablets/
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The problem with pairing a mouse is that webOS probably doesn't have any code to handle mouse input such as cursor position, display the pointer, etc. It MIGHT work in Ubuntu running on webOS, since Ubuntu does normally have mouse support.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Did someone try Splashtop with the bluetooth mouse? Probably also not supported, but worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    The problem with pairing a mouse is that webOS probably doesn't have any code to handle mouse input such as cursor position, display the pointer, etc. It MIGHT work in Ubuntu running on webOS, since Ubuntu does normally have mouse support.
    I'm not sure if this is entirely true, but since the WebOS emulator for computers uses mouse detection and the system reads the mouse input as a finger doing gestures; shouldn't it in theory be able to work? I'm doubting that WebOS doesn't have the code, I just think the OS blocks it from being used
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Did someone try Splashtop with the bluetooth mouse? Probably also not supported, but worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by rswain64 View Post
    How did you do this? I have the same mouse and am trying to pair it to see if I can control my remote PC through Splashtop using it. Any advice or feedback would be appreciated!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast