Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I just saw this on Slickdeals and thought I would pose a question. Do you think the Ipad 1 cases will fit the HP touchpad because of their similar size specs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I found a PC world article from which I clipped the dimensions of the tablets. I have attached the snipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. macdavepro
    What you will need to be concerned with when browsing cases: buttons/speaker holes, how the case was designed to hold an iPad. I would say that particular case will not work. Right now your best bet is a sleeve or case that straps the unit in around the corners.
    I agree -- the dimensions are probably okay, but you need to look for the placement of the cutouts for buttons, ports and speakers. If you plan to use the touchstone for charging, you'll also need to consider how easily the Touchpad can be removed from the case since it is not likely that it can be charged through the case.
    Has anyone been able to test an iPad case? I want to get one until the TP case is available.
    My TP does NOT fit my iPad 1 folio case. I was hoping it would.
    I just went to BB to try them out. I ended up with a Targus portfolio case for $49.99. It is bulky but gets the job done, although it does nlock the volume rocker. It will due umtil the TP case is available.
    I got one at Target. Its a Philips leather case it works.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Yes the ipad 1 case works great. I'am using the case on my Touchpad now. All the ports are accessible and fits extremely well. You just have to cut out holds for the stereo speakers, which are on the side. If you have the ipad 1 case available it will hold you over until you upgrade to a better case.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    i am using the incase folio for ipad 1 and you would think it was made for it.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I picked up an official TouchPad case, and I have to say that it is nicer than the 1G iPad case. I always thought that case was a little too industrial with the welded seem that cuts into your hands. This is another case where HP/Palm out-Apples Apple.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    i am using the incase folio for ipad 1 and you would think it was made for it.
    do you have a link to the case youre referring to?

and what do you guys think about these cases below? I think they look like theyll work out pretty well other than the speakers being blocked when folded, right?

Amazon.com: Vico: Carbon Fiber Look iPad 1 Case (Folio Convertable Case Multi-angle Stand For The Original Apple iPad 1): Electronics

Amazon.com: iPad 1 Portfolio Case Microfiber Multi-angle Stand Orange ColorSpill (also available in Navy Blue, Lime Green, Light Blue, Pink): Computer & Accessories
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by catallah View Post
    I just saw this on Slickdeals and thought I would pose a question. Do you think the Ipad 1 cases will fit the HP touchpad because of their similar size specs.

Amazon.com: Technocel Leather Flip Book Case/folio for Apple Ipad (Black): Electronics

I found a PC world article from which I clipped the dimensions of the tablets. I have attached the snipping.
    I actually just went ahead and bought the verizon sale pack, 5 bucks isn't anything and it comes with a folio case, screen protectors, and an ipad cable. I'll be selling the cable obviously, or just throwing it away, one of the two.

5 bucks for a pretty nice folio case (goes for $40+ in stores), that's worth it. I might/might not use the screen protectors, I'm really waiting on the PhantomSkinz TouchPad protector. I love PSz.

I'll report back to see how well the case works though, looks like it should be just fine.

Edit:

Here's the link if anyone is wondering:

To the slickdeals page:
    http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/5436...lay-protectors

Directly to the bundle:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...lick%20Deals**
    Sprint Love
    i got an iLove case and all the buttons and ports work great. Worth a shot.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Best Buy - Computers, Video Games, TVs, Cameras, Appliances, Phones

expensive but will work for 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    do you have a link to the case youre referring to?

and what do you guys think about these cases below? I think they look like theyll work out pretty well other than the speakers being blocked when folded, right?

Amazon.com: Vico: Carbon Fiber Look iPad 1 Case (Folio Convertable Case Multi-angle Stand For The Original Apple iPad 1): Electronics

Amazon.com: iPad 1 Portfolio Case Microfiber Multi-angle Stand Orange ColorSpill (also available in Navy Blue, Lime Green, Light Blue, Pink): Computer & Accessories
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I actually just went ahead and bought the verizon sale pack, 5 bucks isn't anything and it comes with a folio case, screen protectors, and an ipad cable. I'll be selling the cable obviously, or just throwing it away, one of the two.

5 bucks for a pretty nice folio case (goes for $40+ in stores), that's worth it. I might/might not use the screen protectors, I'm really waiting on the PhantomSkinz TouchPad protector. I love PSz.

Directly to the bundle:

Set Your Location
    I found a link to the Griffen Elan Folio - https://store.griffintechnology.com/...lan-folio-ipad - website for the iPad 1 if you want a closer look at what they are offering and it looks perfect too me.

The best part...Griffen is asking $49 for there item and Verizon has it for $5 including shipping. Not sure how I can lose even if it needs a little trimming and modifications.

Thanks for the links for the deal above and I also post how it works when I get mine. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I picked up an official TouchPad case, and I have to say that it is nicer than the 1G iPad case. I always thought that case was a little too industrial with the welded seem that cuts into your hands. This is another case where HP/Palm out-Apples Apple.
    How well does it work with the Touchstone dock?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I just got an original ipad colcasac (colcasac.com) for nightly use and the occasional travel with the tablet. I've heard nothing but good things about colcasac. Should fit fine.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    How well does it work with the Touchstone dock?
    Haven't gotten a touchstone yet.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    The case I ordered from Verizon is slated to be here on the 7th, I hope it works out well. Although, I went to walmart and checked it out and it seems like it's going to work perfectly, other than using the touchstone. I'm not so sure it'll work at all with that.
    Sprint Love
    I wounder if the clamcase for the ipad 1 will work for the touchpad. It is ideal because its the first full laptop converter, with a very good keyboard and syncs via bluetooth.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast