Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Just got the bundle from verizon, it seems like it was made for the TouchPad, more so than the ipad 1.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I bought three Verizon clearance Ipad1 cases after reading this thread, they arrived today - grand total with my discount from work and free 2 day shipping was 17 bucks.

they all worked fine - they'll hold me over until I find the right case, but the best was the Verizon branded sleeve for 5 bucks (less than that with discount) - it slipped right in and is well protected. go to the main verizonwireless.com site and search for 888-0001 and it will come right up. to add to a cart you need to change your device - select Apple and the old ipad wont' show - click See All (or More?) devices and the Ipad 1 with MiFi will display.

Ipad1Sleeve by shrxwin, on Flickr
    Quick update on the Griffen Elan Folio case for the iPad 1 that I purchased last week for $5 on Verizon in their package deal from last week (check one of the previous post in this forum if you need the link, but I think it is no longer available).

Griffen Elan Folio - https://store.griffintechnology.com/...lan-folio-ipad

It came in while I was in Orlando at the webOSRoundup Orlando Meet-up that was held yesterday, which by the way was FANTASTIC!

The Griffen Elan Folio case for the iPad 1 isn't quite made for the HP TouchPad since many aspects require the Gesture areas at the bottom screen edges to use this aspect effectively. If you don't use the gesture areas and rely on the button to bring up the app menu or otherwise, the case is perfect, snug, and tough compared to HP's TouchPad case made specifically by them. Griffen made this for the iPad 1 and it works and look like it will take a bump much better then HP dedicated case that is more slim, streamlined, and made to optimize the TouchPad experience. Nothing wrong with this and I love HP's case, but it still costs over $50 to purchase and thankfully the Griffen will serve its purpose quite well coming in at only $5 on Verizon if the package is still on sale.

Actually, I'm hoping Giffen and other 3rd party manufactures start cranking out cases, covers, screen protectors, etc to help protect our new TouchPad interfaces yet to be dropped.

Before I forget, speaking of the webOSRoundup Orlando Meet-up - My wife Pam and I got to meet many of those who attended (about 25 to 30 people showed up) including our host Ryan St. Andrie from webOSRoundup, Thomas Coe, Harlan Haskins, Charles Gonz, Jeremy (can't remember his last name), and the guest speaker and developer James Harris who wrote (Flash Cards, Whitepages, and a number of other apps).

Everyone deserves a big shout out and thanks for the great afternoon and fun trip to Universal City Walk! Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I found a link to the Griffen Elan Folio - https://store.griffintechnology.com/...lan-folio-ipad - website for the iPad 1 if you want a closer look at what they are offering and it looks perfect too me.

The best part...Griffen is asking $49 for there item and Verizon has it for $5 including shipping. Not sure how I can lose even if it needs a little trimming and modifications.

Thanks for the links for the deal above and I also post how it works when I get mine. Sorli...
    I just bought the Elan Folio case. It works perfectly. All port holes are in the correct places and it is on that has two "modes", a 'typing' mode and a 'watching' mode. I paid $38 at Wallyworld though. Wish I'd seen the VZ deal sooner... :/
    I believe the original deal is dead. You can still buy the case itself from the verizon website for $10. DOnt know whether I am going to jump on it yet.
    The deal is dead but i still grabbed a Folio case.

My buddy was here on the fourth and had one, fit like a glove!

$10 is still a great deal.
    How can any earlier webos Touchpad adopter stick their device in an iPad case. Good way to give your Touchpad an identity crisis. Not to mention everyone iPad owning person seeing you with your Touchpad in an iPad case will probably think: Poor soul, probably wish he brought an iPad.

Bad move, not a good way to highlight the Touchpad. Touchpad and iPad should never touch.

Whatcha gonna do when you take it to work, hide it? How are you gonna extol the virutes of Webos to your fellow iPad co-workers with your Touchpad hiding out in an iPad case. What are you gonna answer when they ask you: Yeah but why is your Touchpad in a iPad case? You can't answer "because their is no product for the Touchpad." Tjey will be like, "Ahh man, look at the poor webos dude, they don't even have cases for thing thing. He had to go to Apple to protect his Touchpad. Good thing there is a lot of Apple choices, otherwise he might of had to go naked. LOL"

Bad move, bad move. I rather buy a generic sleeve from Bestbuy than be caught with a Touchpad masquerading in an iPad case. Where's your pride man?
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07/07/2011 at 07:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    How can any earlier webos Touchpad adopter stick their device in an iPad case. Good way to give your Touchpad an identity crisis. Not to mention everyone iPad owning person seeing you with your Touchpad in an iPad case will probably think: Poor soul, probably wish he brought an iPad.

Bad move, not a good way to highlight the Touchpad. Touchpad and iPad should never touch.

Whatcha gonna do when you take it to work, hide it? How are you gonna extol the virutes of Webos to your fellow iPad co-workers with your Touchpad hiding out in an iPad case. What are you gonna answer when they ask you: Yeah but why is your Touchpad in a iPad case? You can't answer "because their is no product for the Touchpad." Tjey will be like, "Ahh man, look at the poor webos dude, they don't even have cases for thing thing. He had to go to Apple to protect his Touchpad. Good thing there is a lot of Apple choices, otherwise he might of had to go naked. LOL"

Bad move, bad move. I rather buy a generic sleeve from Bestbuy than be caught with a Touchpad masquerading in an iPad case. Where's your pride man?
    LOL. Maybe so, but we need SOMETHING to protect our $499 investment. ;-)

I know your semi-joking, but come on, its a tablet case. If it fits, if it works well, and if its cheap, hell ya. I don't care what its for. I'm gonna use it.

The only unfortunate thing is that it probably won't work on the touchstone. So that sucks :-/ not sure what I'm gonna do about that.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    $5-10 bucks is never bad even if I only use it as a backup case if and when I get the HP TP Case, which is honestly beautiful in design and usefulness. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    my only regrets about using my $5 sleeve that was advertised for ipad is the Verizon logo - every time I look at it I will be wishing it had LTE built in I was going to wait and see if they ever announce that version, but since they are so lame on first announcing release dates/carriers then meeting those dates I couldn't wait! So my TouchPad will travel to and from work in a Verizon sleeve and be safe
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Ahh man. I lost faith in the webos faithful.

Nice shiny new Touchpad covered with products made for Apple.

Would not be surprising in the least if your Touchpads curled up in shame, or shut off and refuse to turn back on.

It's a anathema to the Touchpad. And for one certain member here who likes to whip out webos devices in company meetings and shame iOS devices it down right hypocritical and shameful.

Webos has an identity crisis in the public eye and you all are helping too perpetuate it to save a few bucks. Saving a few bucks is what put webos and it's devices in this conundrum

I'm sending a link to this post to the HP Facebook account so everyone can know who the webos unfaithful are.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07/08/2011 at 05:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I am glad to see that people are actually trying this and it is working!!!
    Thanks to you guys, I just ordered the Griffin Folio - Black Leather case from Verizon. The $5 deal is no longer around and the case sells for $9.97 currently. However, I got it for $6.98 + $0.55 (IL Tax) = $7.53. Free shipping. Just use promo code CASE30 at checkout for a 30% discount, which comes to $2.99.
    got the 5 dollar vzw case and worked well while traveling. Came home and the HP case from Amazon had arrived ($35 plus tax). I like the snug way the HP case feels and the smoothness of the material. The speakers are totally open which makes for a slightly better sound. Out of curiousity tried to see if I could fit Touchpad w HP case inside VZW case and was a little tight so I will use VZW case as a spare. Touchpad should be bundled with its case as it has such a nice feel.
    Was hoping phonecalls would sound better w HP case but people still say my voice echoes.

if people try the screen protector would like to hear how it goes, never used one on phone or tab.
    Thanks for the info, Bluenote. I didn't even think to look at Amazon for the HP case. What a dummy I was last night. I have used a screen protector on my Sprint Pre ever since I got it. It's been really nice.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I just got the colcasac sleeve for the original ipad and it works well with the touchpad. It's a comfortable fit. Not too snug, not too roomy. And it looks great. The wooly inside also helps get off fingerprints too. I plan to use it just for protection when I travel because I really like using the touchpad sans case, but don't want to leave it unprotected on the road or in a bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by catallah View Post
    I just saw this on Slickdeals and thought I would pose a question. Do you think the Ipad 1 cases will fit the HP touchpad because of their similar size specs.

Amazon.com: Technocel Leather Flip Book Case/folio for Apple Ipad (Black): Electronics

I found a PC world article from which I clipped the dimensions of the tablets. I have attached the snipping.
    The case that you linked works perfectly with the touchpad.

I picked one up yesterday at a local brick and mortar Verizon store for $10 (orig $39). Very high quality leather case. The corner prongs were a little wide, so I took a pair of needle nose pliers and bent them in slightly and now it works perfectly!

Note: This case is different from the Griffin case others are mentioning. The case I purchased is manufactured by Technocel as stated in the link from the OP. I will post a picture later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by splitsick; 07/12/2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Posting Pictures
    catallah likes this.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Wow, that is awesome. I might stop by a verizon store and see if they have any. Thanks!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast