Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BTW, at this point I am fairly confident in saying that while using the device the typical 1 amp car charger will only maintain the current charge. When I left it alone it charged slow but it charged at about 350 ma. Since I last posted, I have been messing with it non-stop and it maintains only, has not went up 1%. So, I am seriously thinking of trying a 2 amp charger...

Now, how do we secure the TouchStone to the vehicle and make it pretty, and moreso how do we secure the TouchPad to the TouchStone?
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    I tried the Targus 2.1 Universal USB car charger. I got the warning message that "Device may not charge" and a recommendation to use the power adapter that came with the device. I note that the lightning bolt did not appear on the battery to confirm the TP was charging. The Targus did work properly with my Pre minus, lightning
    bolt and all.

With my mind on that dire warning, I still plugged my TP into the car charger, turned on the Percy Jackson movie (Remember, he was accused of stealing the lightning bolt, so I though this would add irony to my test.) and drove to work. The TP displayed 93% battery when I started. It was 96% battery capacity a half hour later.

This would tend to prove that the Targus kept the TP from draining while plugged in and, even better, charged the battery even while playing a movie. Much relief to me, since I am driving to the Grand Canyon this week and need 7 hours worth of movie play time.

I'll repeat on the trip home and also have running several more apps to see where the battery level goes.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    has anyone had luck with specific chargers that do not give the error message?

what should we look for when shopping for a charger so I don't wind up with a pile of incompatable chargers or (gulp) a fried TP?
    I can confirm that the Scosche Dual USB port iPhone/iPad charger (1A/2.1A) results in the same error message. With a lttle foresight and communication HP might have taken advantage of the plethora of iPad chargers that were already out when the touchpad released, allowed compatibility if technologically possible, and allowed them to be marketed as Touchpad chargers. Instead, HP seems to have took the short term profit approach in forcing HP branded accessorles. Yet another reason HP could not compete due to their own choices combined with Apple's success in creating an entire market for their products.
    Last edited by b3815; 08/27/2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Minor correction
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12