Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    ... in order to enable TTS for Pre/Pre2 devices.

It seems like a no-brainer to me.

The only thing holding the Pre/Pre2 back from doing Touch-To-Share are the coils, which I'm assuming, are the same ones used for the magnetic induction charging, no?

It really seems like a very simple fix. What am I missing?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    No because what would the coils attach to inside the phone?
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Will the Pre3 have a user-replaceable battery? If so, then does it have 2 sets of coils? One on the back for charging, then a second one on the phone itself for TTS?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    There is no coil on the battery, the sets of coils are on the back of the device. Regardless of the removable battery or not.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    You misunderstood; if the Pre3 has a user-replaceable battery, then it has a back that you can remove. A back that I'm assuming has the coils...
    If it is removable then yes, Do you have a pre or pre 2 with a touchstone back?
    If not . . . http://jkontherun.files.wordpress.co...touchstone.jpg The coil has two connections that connect to the phone, the pre 3 and veer have an extra coil and extra connections to work with TTS, those connections are not present in the pre or pre 2
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    If it is removable then yes, Do you have a pre or pre 2 with a touchstone back?
    If not . . . http://jkontherun.files.wordpress.co...touchstone.jpg The coil has two connections that connect to the phone, the pre 3 and veer have an extra coil and extra connections to work with TTS, those connections are not present in the pre or pre 2
    I actually have both with the Touchstone back. I see your point about the extra connections on the Veer/Pre3. I was trying to wrap my head around how the coils would send the signal to initiate the BT data transfer.

I just assumed there was only one coil on the back of the new/future devices.