Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've already ordered my 32GB TouchPad and really the first accessory I want is a Bluetooth A2DP stereo headset.

I consider myself fairly well read in a number of technologies but audio tech is not one of them so I'm asking the community for recomendations on this subject.

I would like to stay below $100 and the only pre-requisites I can think of are; 1. Good sound quality; 2. Good battery life; 3. Good build/design quality; 4. Ease of charging.

Let me explain number 4; I would prefer an inductive or dock charger of some sort (my current wireless set uses a hanging dock of sorts that works well). If no dock then I would prefer micro-usb vs a proprietary connector.

I see the LG HBS-700 in this mornings Frys ad and it looks like an interesting design.

Thank you in advance for any insights here.
    - David -

UPDATE: I made my selection and you can read about it in Post #29
    Last edited by Downtime500; 07/11/2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Sony DRBT101 sound great to me and battery life is good. Also have great range and music controls.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I have the Motorola S305 and I've been fairly happy with them. The sound quality is ok but certainly not great. They have great battery life, are very durable and use a standard micro usb charger. The biggest draw for me was the price (I picked them up for $20).

I use them mostly for podcasts so the sound quality doesn't bother me. If you're going to use them primarily for music, you may be disappointed.
    I liked these Plantronics | BackBeat 903/906 They were just a tad heavy, but worked nicely both for listening to music, and for calling.
    Not to run off topic, but does anyone have any idea of the BT's with mics will take over as the TP mic?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    does anyone have any idea of the BT's with mics will take over as the TP mic?
    Not positive but I have every expectation that they would.
    I have the Moto S305, my forth set, lost the volume up on everyone. But you sure can turn it down! I also bought the BackBeat 903 which is the 906 w/o the iPod adapter. I love it, but my boss complained about the bad noise canceling on calls so much he bought me a Plantronics Voyager Pro+ which sound quality on my end blows. I am now required to wear the Voyager at work. So if not for calls, go with the BackBeat and buy it on ebay. Think I paid $57.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Imo u are defeating the purpose of beats audio by piping through bluetooth. bluetooth hurts audio quality.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I liked these Plantronics | BackBeat 903/906 They were just a tad heavy, but worked nicely both for listening to music, and for calling.
    Not to run off topic, but does anyone have any idea of the BT's with mics will take over as the TP mic?
    They do and the best one I've found for phone calls are the Jawbone. I can be in the truck with radio on and windows down and the person on the line only hears my voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Imo u are defeating the purpose of beats audio by piping through bluetooth. bluetooth hurts audio quality.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Not really. I get great quality with the Sony I posted in post 2. Great bass hi's, mid's & low's.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I use the Insignia NS-BTHDP . You can
    only get them on ebay as they are a
    discoutinued Best Buy brand.
    I paid 25 dollars .
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    True, but wires agrivate me.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    I have the Motorola S305 and I've been fairly happy with them. The sound quality is ok but certainly not great. They have great battery life, are very durable and use a standard micro usb charger. The biggest draw for me was the price (I picked them up for $20).

I use them mostly for podcasts so the sound quality doesn't bother me. If you're going to use them primarily for music, you may be disappointed.
    disagree. Bought mine 2 years ago when they were 50 and love them good base too.

I disagree. I love my pair. Bough them 2 years
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrykel View Post
    I use the Insignia NS-BTHDP.
    You didnt say what you liked about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    I have the Moto S305, my forth set, lost the volume up on everyone. But you sure can turn it down! I also bought the BackBeat 903 which is the 906 w/o the iPod adapter. I love it, but my boss complained about the bad noise canceling on calls so much he bought me a Plantronics Voyager Pro+ which sound quality on my end blows. I am now required to wear the Voyager at work. So if not for calls, go with the BackBeat and buy it on ebay. Think I paid $57.
    It's interesting that you mentioned the Voyager Prol. This Plantronics | Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo Bluetooth Headset is the first stereo BT headset I had, and I loved it! Recommended it to several friends when Amazon was running them for $35. Unfortunately, my mic quit working just shy of the year warranty ending. I called Plantronics, and gave me no grief about returning it. However, I didn't know it had been discontinued (which is why Amazon had it so cheap), and they sent me the Backbeat 903 (which is why I knew something about it). It was alright, but I really wanted my 855 back.
    One of the security guards at work was one of the guys I had recommended the 855 to. He saw me with the Backbeat, and I told him my sad tale. He said he liked the 855, but it wouldn't stay in his ear. We did a trade. I was happy again.
    Two weeks later, I hopped on my bike to run grab lunch (no helmet), and forgot the thing was still in my hanging on my neck. It didn't survive.
    Wish Plantronics was still making this one. I never had a complaint about the voice quality when I was talking on the phone, and the sound when listening to music was more than adequate for me.
    S305s are fine, somewhat warm to wear, difficult to keep in one's pocket and a bit too vulnerable to water damage. I had those, but replaced them with the BackBeat 903+ recently and have been very pleased with sound quality & overall functionality. {Jonathan}
    I use a Motorola HT820 that originally cost me €80 and am fairly pleased with its sound even though yes, you always pay for your freedom from wires in hard audio quality currency, ESPECIALLY when on a budget. They're far too small for my big head though and I would only recommend them to a person with a small(ish) head.

As always, you could go and spend 400 bucks on high-end Sennheisers that will make you wonder how they managed to make the wires invisible, but then you wouldn't have any money to spend on the touchpad anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Wires suck, I too like and use the Backbeats. They have good volume/base (as bluetooth headsets go) and loudness option.

I own the following and do not recommend:
    Motorola S9 (not HD ones)
    Style: behind the head, in the ear, Issue: volume too low, uncomfortable

Motorola H 98689 T820
    Style: behind the head, over the ear Issue: volume to low, tendency to slip

Cerullean F1 Stereo Headset:
    Style: behind the head: Issue: volume OK, however you look like a Star Trek geek with two pods sticking out your ears

Sony MW600
    Style: behind the head, in the ear. Issue: Low volume, cord to short, controls to small an finicky

Recommend for Voice and rudimentary A2DP:
    Plantronics Voyager Pro UC V2: Style: Single over the ear with A2DP. Issues: None so far.

I only mention the single over the ear Plantronics becuase it does A2DP, however I have yet to test that, just got them a couple of days ago. What I like is it comes with a bluetooth dongle, auto senses and answer calls when you put it own your ear, you can have PC connection and phone connection paired at the same time, but what I really like is the fact that I have to carry to phones, I can have both phones paired simultaneously and each will ring when called.

Edit: A2DP sound is on the low side with no base, meant to tide you over until you can use a real headset for the stero muisc, otherwise sound quality for voice excellent.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 06/26/2011 at 02:29 PM.
    It's interesting that you mentioned the Voyager Prol. This Plantronics | Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo Bluetooth Headset is the first stereo BT headset I had, and I loved it! Recommended it to several friends when Amazon was running them for $35. Unfortunately, my mic quit working just shy of the year warranty ending. I called Plantronics, and gave me no grief about returning it. However, I didn't know it had been discontinued (which is why Amazon had it so cheap), and they sent me the Backbeat 903 (which is why I knew something about it). It was alright, but I really wanted my 855 back.
    One of the security guards at work was one of the guys I had recommended the 855 to. He saw me with the Backbeat, and I told him my sad tale. He said he liked the 855, but it wouldn't stay in his ear. We did a trade. I was happy again.
    Two weeks later, I hopped on my bike to run grab lunch (no helmet), and forgot the thing was still in my hanging on my neck. It didn't survive.
    Wish Plantronics was still making this one. I never had a complaint about the voice quality when I was talking on the phone, and the sound when listening to music was more than adequate for me.
    Mine went missing about 4 weeks ago. Looks like they may still be available here Amazon.com: Plantronics Voyager 855 Bluetooth Headset (Black): Electronics
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the Jaybird Freedom jf3?
    http://www.jaybirdgear.com/jf3/
    I've been looking for reviews on it, but the only ones are from the Best Buy website.
    What do you all think of them?
    Overpriced? Or worth buying?
    TP + P3 = synergized
    I LOVE my Sony Ericsson HBH-DS205 with Altec-Lansing BackBeat Pro Headphones! The big advantage of plugging in ANY headphones you want far outweighs it's large size. It is a pendant with a 3.5 jack that will also accommodate a home stereo setup to play through the Aux channel of any receiver. They also make a model without the pendant that has a wire between the earbuds and a mode button between the buds for skip track, answer calls etc. There line of Bluetooth devices is stellar!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast