1.    #1  
    Saw this on Amazon today. Just curious if there are many people that would consider using this. I don't know much about third party accessories like this but it seems like it would be pretty cool for the TouchPad.

Amazon.com: Gomadic Precision Tip Capacitive Stylus for HP TouchPad with Integrated Ink Ballpoint Pen: Electronics
    I maintain that a stylus for a capacitive screen is relatively pointless. Honestly, if I ever needed/wanted a capacitive stylus, I'd go for something different.

Something like this: BLACK 3.5MM CAPACITIVE STYLUS TOUCH PEN FOR HTC SALSA | eBay

A brief look at that cheapo one on ebay looks stylus, (available in multiple other colors) and is attached to a string with a plastic bit that can get plugged into a 3.5mm headphone slot so you don't loose/drop the stylus. But mainly it's incredibly inexpensive, as styli should be.

A quick browse across ebay shows a wide range of styles of styli, all much cheaper than $20, heh.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I can see times when you'd like a stylus - I think I'd rather draw/write with one than my finger.

PS-I read a story last year about how people in Asia were using frozen fish sausages, wrapped in shrinkwrap, as styli. My daughter's science fair project was then to discover what it was that made things work - she tried vegi dogs, fish sausages (hard to find), etc., before discovering that even a rubber glove filled with water works.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    I've used a fujitsu stylistic tablet for years for taking notes at meetings and such. It is not capacitive... but I find I much prefer scribbling my notes with its stylus than I do tapping on a virtual keyboard. Plus I often make sketches of stuff I'm taking notes on, where some lines need to be run in a quick room diagram, quick map with directions and so on. These are all things I'd much rather do with a stylus instead of trying to draw with a finger.
    When the stylus needs to be almost as big as your finger to work there doesn't seem much point.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingsEighth View Post
    Saw this on Amazon today. Just curious if there are many people that would consider using this. I don't know much about third party accessories like this but it seems like it would be pretty cool for the TouchPad.

Amazon.com: Gomadic Precision Tip Capacitive Stylus for HP TouchPad with Integrated Ink Ballpoint Pen: Electronics
    If you look at my post from last week, I listed a bunch of touchpad accessories including a few stylii. I was happy to see a screnshot of a notetaking app on what appeared to be a touchpad.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    i always use a stylus.

finger smudges ftl
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I can think of times when a stylus would be of great use. For note taking or drawing, it would beat a virtual keyboard or finger every time.

the pen tip doesn't have to be the size of a finger, so long as the device is designed for a capacitive stylus, as seen with the HTC flyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post

the pen tip doesn't have to be the size of a finger, so long as the device is designed for a capacitive stylus, as seen with the HTC flyer.
    Don't know about the Touchpad, but the Pre needs something about 8mm thick. The solution to this problem is to use a separate Wacom digitiser for fine work, like HP already do with some of their touch laptops.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Don't know about the Touchpad, but the Pre needs something about 8mm thick. The solution to this problem is to use a separate Wacom digitiser for fine work, like HP already do with some of their touch laptops.
    Right, it depends on the device. Some people incorrectly believe that capacitive screens inherently require fingersized input
    Well, I live in sunny Florida and it rarely gets cold enough but those people who were using frozen sausages to act as a stylus were doing so because it was cold and they could not use their capacitive touchscreen device with gloves on.

The pen stylus seems like a great way to get past that, and it looks better if you are scribbling with a pen in a meeting than trying to type out notes on a glass screen in a meeting. Plus, its a pen in addition to a stylus. I might just get one.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    If you play Glow Hockey on the TouchPad for more than a few minutes, I think you would start to appreciate a capacitive stylus and not wearing out the tip of your finger.

There is definitely certain advantages. I would also probably prefer a stylus in some note taking or sketching app.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingsEighth View Post

I ordered one of these above for this very reason below...

Quote Originally Posted by Downtime500 View Post
    If you play Glow Hockey on the TouchPad for more than a few minutes, I think you would start to appreciate a capacitive stylus and not wearing out the tip of your finger.

There is definitely certain advantages. I would also probably prefer a stylus in some note taking or sketching app.
    There is a drawing app that I downloaded and I might see what its like to sketch on it once it gets here. And hopefully, there will be more apps to come.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)