1.    #1  
    I saw a guy in church with one of these today:
    iPad 2 Keyboard Case - iPad 2 Cover & Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard | Logitech Keyboard Case By ZAGG for iPad 2

Several thoughts passed through my mind.

First, I thought it was totally cool. Looks to be a nice keyboard, and also looks to integrate very nicely with the iPad both as a case, and as a keyboard/screen holder.

Then I thought - Yeah, but now look how thick the device gets. Are we getting close to turning a tablet into a laptop?

I kept watching him take notes, and saw how easy it was to put it all back up. I was back in the "Looks like it has more positives than negatives" mode.

Then I thought about trying to type on a tablet on a plane or someplace like that, and finally decided that this would be a device that would definitely appeal to me if it was offered for a TP. Especially if it included the special TP keys that the HP keyboard is going to have.

What about it? How many of you would be interested (at $99) in a device that doubles as a keyboard/holder and a case/cover?
    I like this. There is a video on the "reviews" tab.

Edit: It's 75 bucks on amazon.
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 06/20/2011 at 09:58 AM.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    This iPad/iPad 2 leather case comes with a full-size keyboard, which includes special keys that activate iPad/iPad 2 features. Connect to ipad/iPad 2 data port, support text inputting, and utilize the keyboard shortcuts to activate the iPad/iPad 2 special functionality.
    iPad Case iPad 2 Keyboard Case for iPad 2 Leather Wireless Keyboard - ESPOW
    <a href="http://www.espow.com/wholesale-apple-accessories-protective-cases-ipad-cases.html">ipad 2 keyboard case</a>
    I never understood this, why not just get a laptop at this point?
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj View Post
    Don't have to take the keyboard with you all the time and touchscreen. Now if you were going to constantly carry the KB it may not be as efficient.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Don't have to take the keyboard with you all the time and touchscreen. Now if you were going to constantly carry the KB it may not be as efficient.
    But if you need a physical keyboard at all times, how much are you doing on the tablet that a laptop couldn't do for you already for the same or less price? This will be all solved by HP when you will have laptops with webOS on it.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    I am agreeing with you, if you don't carry the keyboard it is efficient, if you are carrying it all the time not as efficient.

Beyond that it depends on what you are doing and your usage patterns. A tablet still has a size advantage over most laptops, I personally hate the screen on a 10inch netbook, not that I would carry a keyboard with a tablet all the time (they aren't cheap enough for me) I can understand people wanting to use a tablet with keyboard over netbook/laptop.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    It's much thinner than a laptop. Plus, this with a tablet gives you a device that can still be a tablet. A laptop won't convert to a tablet.
  9.    #9  
    But if you need a physical keyboard at all times, how much are you doing on the tablet that a laptop couldn't do for you already for the same or less price? This will be all solved by HP when you will have laptops with webOS on it.
    Key phrase highlighted.