Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I'm a big fan of Skinomi products and it looks like they have their skins products ready and available for TouchPad now. Awesome!

Skinomi TechSkin™ for HP Tablets - Skinomi TechSkin™ for HP TouchPad
    if it's glass on the front and rubberized black on the back it won't scratch anyway.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I don't think the back is rubberized. In fact, I think one of the complaints was that it's a fingerprint magnet!
    oh no it's a gloss back? That's just a bad idea. I want a back like pre touchstone.
    anyway it's good to see some stuff for the touchpad before release
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    oh no it's a gloss back? That's just a bad idea. I want a back like pre touchstone.
    So do I!
    I like the way the carbon fiber & wood skins look. Does anyone know if their screen protectors are of the same quality as Zagg Invisible Shields. I have been using those for a while.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I've never used Zagg, but I've always used their whole body skins and I love them!
    I had some amazon gift $ and ordered the full front/back kit. I mostly wanted it for the back so its not so fingerprint prone. I've never owned gorilla glass, but I'll probably stick it on the screen too just to protect it from fingerprints too. But if it makes it feel too much resistance for your finger on the screen I wont like that. I'll try to post up a review once I get the touchpad & install it.
    Supposedly, the TouchPad has a special anti-scratch coating on the back. Just have to wait and see, I guess.
    just bought one' has anyone received theirs yet? Do they ship quickly?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    FINALLY Got mine today (ordered June 12th). Does anyone have any application hints? I'm used to PhantomSkinz. Thanx.
    Does this help with glare and fingerprints?
    I know other brands do. This should as the product says it does
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Installation was fairly easy. Definite glare reduction. Not happy with the leftover bubbles, but they are supposed to disappear over the next couple days. If NOT, want my money back & going back to Phantomskinz.

Update--ALL bubbles finally gone. It took over a week. Noticed a tiny fuzzy under the skin but otherwise pristine screen. No change in typing on VKB. Definitely antiglare.
    Last edited by pmalena; 07/22/2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: update
    My screen has nearly NO bubbles. The back has some, but nothing too major. I put it in the hp case anyways. Its just for keeping it like new for me having the skinomi on. I'll try to post some closeup pics of it installed on mine later.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I just ordered a skin from InvisibleDefenders. I want to cover the back of the Touchpad to prevent fingerprints from showing.
    I got the screen cover and put it on fairly easily--I like the liquid-on-the-fingers suggestion that avoids smudging during installation, and most of the bubbles have gone away after a few days.

Here's the problem: tapping and screen typing is just too hard. I *think* the Skinomi skin adds just a bit too much resistance for my tastes; I can tap and type but it takes more effort, almost an actual press, rather than a tap. I am going to uninstall the patch that affected screen response, just to be sure, but I'm fairly confident that the skin is the issue.

Still, I'd like to be able to protect the glass; even Gorilla Glass can shatter with enough force, and any protection can help. I'll have to see. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post

Here's the problem: tapping and screen typing is just too hard. I *think* the Skinomi skin adds just a bit too much resistance for my tastes; I can tap and type but it takes more effort, almost an actual press, rather than a tap. I am going to uninstall the patch that affected screen response, just to be sure, but I'm fairly confident that the skin is the issue.
    I did also seem to somewhat notice this. It seems like the up swipe to minimize cards takes a little more pressure to activate. Not hugely a deal breaker, but I noticed too.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pmalena View Post
    Installation was fairly easy. Definite glare reduction. Not happy with the leftover bubbles, but they are supposed to disappear over the next couple days. If NOT, want my money back & going back to Phantomskinz.
    I can assure you the bubbles will go away. When I installed in on my Pre Plus, I have a few bubbles, some sizable ones, and given 4-5 days, it somehow just disappeared.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast