Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes
    I dont have a console or HTPC and I havent bought a 200 dollar box that can hook into my network for my tv. Now if my 500/600 dollar tablet can do that for me and make it so I dont need to spend more money on something that can only do that then all the better.

If I'm at home I'd love to hook up my 10 inch tablet to my 47 inch screen. I wonder why. I'm never going to watch movies on my touchpad itself when I'm at home, I have a computer and a TV which are both significantly better experience when it comes to that.

I do need it for presentations, visiting relatives/friends and being able to easily show off stuff more than just video. A HDMI out solution is more versatile than you are making it out, hell if I got a touchpad I really dont think I'd be using it at home at all. Its a portable device in my mind and it will be used as such.

Also final point, HDMI to VGA converters are not hard to come by, though the projectors I use do for the most part have HDMI these days

If HP comes out soon with a Wifi direct accessory or something similar then that would satisfy my needs probably better than a cable, but I'm still not buying until thats there.
    for power point presentations which I regularly have to do at work, I was hoping to do from my TP, would mighty meeting do the trick (sounds like they make an Ipad app).

For example. Can I (since still waiting for mine):
    1. load up powerpoint on TP mightymeeting app and advance slides and if the projector in teh conference room is logged into a PC it would advance there too?

If this works and without any delay in frame advancement, this will work for me.

Thoughts? This would be cool if I could edit the powerpoint in say google docs or even quickoffice in the future, upload to mightymeeting and present.

EDIT: yeah, true, HDMI or VGA woulda been easier, but if this works, it will be a "wireless" setup?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Problem is, even people around here (especially the trolls) either haven't figured that our yet or like to act like they haven't figured that out yet. Is is easy to share media (especially in your own house if you are into tech), but some folks act like/think that it's the hardest thing in the world without a 500+ tablet with HDMI out (to go into a TV of equal cost or better).
    I bought a low-end Blu-Ray player. It's got NetFlix on it (as well as 3 or 4 other commercial streaming services), a USB connection that will read data, plays Blu-Ray, DVDs, and CDs. I really can't imagine why I'd want to hang a tablet computer off the TV/Monitor it's connected to.

While I see some limited commercial use for a wired HDMI/VGA connector, I see virtually none for the home.

But that's me. If someone else really needs it, that's what they should buy.

But to pretend that this lack, for home use, is a major oversight is just that - pretending.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    ..For example. Can I (since still waiting for mine):
    1. load up powerpoint on TP mightymeeting app and advance slides and if the projector in teh conference room is logged into a PC it would advance there too?
    Yes, this would work. I don't know if there would be delay, but if there was any, it would be minimal.

Also, many newer projectors have the ability to show PowerPoint slides with no computer connected.

There are lots of workarounds for this "shortcoming", and many of them are better than a built in cable.
    it does work!

register on pc to mightymeeting.com
    upload a file
    login to app on TP
    start meeting on app
    login to meeting on pc / hooked up to projector
    as you advance slides on TP it advances on the pc...no delay
    this might actually work.

later edited a ppt for minor edit in google docs and emailed it to my mighymeeting aacount and presented it

only issue I see is on the pc the presentation shows in a window w the meeting bar on side....any way to get rid that?
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    I dont have a console or HTPC and I havent bought a 200 dollar box that can hook into my network for my tv. Now if my 500/600 dollar tablet can do that for me and make it so I dont need to spend more money on something that can only do that then all the better.

If I'm at home I'd love to hook up my 10 inch tablet to my 47 inch screen. I wonder why. I'm never going to watch movies on my touchpad itself when I'm at home, I have a computer and a TV which are both significantly better experience when it comes to that.

I do need it for presentations, visiting relatives/friends and being able to easily show off stuff more than just video. A HDMI out solution is more versatile than you are making it out, hell if I got a touchpad I really dont think I'd be using it at home at all. Its a portable device in my mind and it will be used as such.

Also final point, HDMI to VGA converters are not hard to come by, though the projectors I use do for the most part have HDMI these days

If HP comes out soon with a Wifi direct accessory or something similar then that would satisfy my needs probably better than a cable, but I'm still not buying until thats there.
    I can certainly understand wanting to get by with less. For me, I'd rather have a direct link from the media on my home computer to all the devices on my network rather than having to copy the media onto a device and then plug that into my home theatre. It sounds simple but imagine having to do that over & over again.

And taking media out of my home, I'd much rather put it on my phone since its smaller and have HDMI-out on that device. I'd rather campaign for HDMI-out on the next HP phone.

But hey, HP overhauled webOS in just a few months to work on a tablet. I'm sure there are things they just didn't have time to throw in. If HDMI-out is cheap to add to a device, maybe we'll see it in the TouchPad 2 or the 7" version!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234