Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Dunno if you can get far enough into the BlueTooth stack, but given my hatred of touch screens, I suspect I'll be faster on my Pre than the TP. So why not just let me use that physical keyboard?
    If you hate a touchscreen, why are you buying a tablet in the first place?

Just get a netbook. Cheaper, does more and has a keyboard.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Sheesh, come on man. Netbooks are so five minutes ago. Next you'll be suggesting I carry my chihuahua in a Gucci bag. As if. How gauche.

Netbooks... Pssh. How dare you make a logical argument on these forums.

(just bought a Lenovo x120e)
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    webOS 2.0 supports Bluetooth SPP access from third-party apps, so it might be possible to write an app to pretend to be a Bluetooth SPP keyboard. No idea if the Touchpad supports SPP keyboards though.
    on my pre+ running webos 2.1 I was able to use a microsoft bluetooth keyboard. Worked well. I was looking for a smaller keyborad so returned it. but yeah if it worked here I imagine any BT keyboard will work
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Sheesh, come on man. Netbooks are so five minutes ago. Next you'll be suggesting I carry my chihuahua in a Gucci bag. As if. How gauche.

Netbooks... Pssh. How dare you make a logical argument on these forums.

(just bought a Lenovo x120e)
    *high five*

-- Sent from my Lenovo Thinkpad X120e
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    *high five*

-- Sent from my Lenovo Thinkpad X120e
    Pish.. See below FTW.

-- Sent from my Acer Iconia W500
    So, perhaps you want a port of Synergy (synergy-foss.org)?

That could probably be done via WiFi.
    Who's flying this thing?
    there are circumstances where I would love this solution. When watching tv, or without a cover/stand, its hard to make a tablet hold still when typing, and I hate virtual keyboards. I would love to pull out my Pre2 (and someday a Pre3 - fingers crossed) and use the TP screen like that.

awesome idea.
    i'll take it.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Dunno if you can get far enough into the BlueTooth stack, but given my hatred of touch screens, I suspect I'll be faster on my Pre than the TP. So why not just let me use that physical keyboard?
    I'm buying a touchscreen tablet because 95% of the time, I'm not going to be typing.

I'm not buying a netbook because it doesn't have WebOS, inductive charging, Pre3 integration, or instant-on. And with my giant-*** hands, I can't type on them any faster than I could a touchscreen.

There will inevitably come a point where I will actually need to type something, and rather than shell out $70 for a keyboard that will get used once a month, I'd rather pay a homebrewer $5 to be able to use the physical keyboard that I already have on me.
    makes sense to me. I had the same idea when I first saw the TP.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I always thought it would be cool if I could use my Pre- as a bluetooth keyboard to type on my PS3. So if it could act as a generic BT keyboard, it'd work for both the TouchPad and PS3.
    The idea of the Pre/Veer lineup being a keyboard and mouse is pretty damn cool. They have similar apps for iOS that allow you to use the touchscreen as a mouse and the keyboard on a PC.

If we could implement this on webOS in a client/server functionality it could go beyond just webOS. Imaging controlling your HTPC from your Veer complete with touchpad functionality.

And if we could use Synergy+ (FOSS) we could make it work with any machine that has it currently installed!

Exciting ideas
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Or imagine using your Current Laptop/Desktop keyboard and mouse on your Touchpad while it's in the doc. Synergy can do this with Linux/Mac/Windows right now. Let's add webOS!
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I'm guessing that hardly anyone would choose to use a smartphone keyboard to input text to a tablet.
    actually i had my pre keyboard working as an input method my my car-pc. and the pre touchscreen as the mouse. the car-pc screen is already a 7 inch touchscreen but a keyboard is still useful. But then i broke my pre. sigh.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    The idea of the Pre/Veer lineup being a keyboard and mouse is pretty damn cool. They have similar apps for iOS that allow you to use the touchscreen as a mouse and the keyboard on a PC.

If we could implement this on webOS in a client/server functionality it could go beyond just webOS. Imaging controlling your HTPC from your Veer complete with touchpad functionality.
    Exciting ideas
    There are already apps that allow this. I had to install a little server on my pc and then run the app on my pre. i just can't remember which app i had used before i broke my pre i will look for it though. no idea if it was updated to webos 2.x
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    THIS!

I have an XBOX remote I use to control my mouse, but the little keyboard you can get to go with the remote doesn't work (or nobody has figured out how to get it to work). Would love to have some keyboard input without having to go get my wireless KB.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkuttin View Post
    actually i had my pre keyboard working as an input method my my car-pc. and the pre touchscreen as the mouse. the car-pc screen is already a 7 inch touchscreen but a keyboard is still useful. But then i broke my pre. sigh.
    Nice, let us know if you remember the app name.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    MediaRemote provides this functionality.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast