Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    MediaRemote provides this functionality.
    It shows the server software supports certain applications, does the mouse and keyboard work throughout windows?

Also any chance you know if it can be used on multiple PC's on the same network?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    When I used it, there were no issues with the mouse and keyboard in Windows, although I will admit I used it more as "hey, does this really work? Cool, it does really work. Too bad I didn't have this back when I had that HTPC."

Semi-useful feature-- you can take a screen shot of the PC you're controlling, and view it on the phone. So in theory, you can run a PC that you can't see.

It will work with multiple PCs on the same network-- when you start the app on your phone, you supply the IP address of the machine you want to connect to.

I'm using this to control WinAmp, which it generally does well-- you can't get playlists or albums, but 99% of the time, I just use it to skip tracks or adjust volume.

I was able to get it to work with Windows Media Player and iTunes, but my music libraries were so large that those features didn't work well, so it wasn't worth changing my default player just to get pictures on the phone.

I'm happy with it overall.
    Cool sounds good. Figure I'll shoot the Dev an e-mail later to make sure they plan on continuing development.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Nice, let us know if you remember the app name.
    here it is. Media Remote with View and Control (VNC) | PreCentral.net | The #1 HP webOS Community

the app is free but i think you have to pay a few bucks for the server which i think is windows only. UPDATE: yes windows only and the server is 5 bucks.

here is another. never tried it though. Touch Board | PreCentral.net | The #1 HP webOS Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12