Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm in a time-sensitive situation and was wondering if anyone has come across prices for the keyboard and the case? I know the Touchstone is around $75....
    The TouchStone will be priced at $79.88.
    The Bluetooth wireless keyboard will be priced at $69.88
    and the official case from HP will be priced at $49.88
    Ouch.. if the case price is correct, it's about $30 too high
    wait for the price to drop.
    Seen some screen protectors on ebay & amazon for $12-$35 that appear fitted. Gonna order before & hope fitments good so can protect it from day 1.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Ouch.. if the case price is correct, it's about $30 too high
    Yeah, think my TouchPad won't be leaving my couch for a while I'll wait until this stuff goes on sale. That's too expensive at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Seen some screen protectors on ebay & amazon for $12-$35 that appear fitted. Gonna order before & hope fitments good so can protect it from day 1.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    What's the point of screen protectors on gorilla glass? It won't keep it from shattering.
    the touchstone at 80 is a ripoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    What's the point of screen protectors on gorilla glass? It won't keep it from shattering.
    i've never owned or had long term use with a gorilla glass product...is it really unscratchable with average use? The plastic back is another story that would probably benefit from a clear protector i'd guess?
    it is scratchable. It just won't shatter as easy.
    Amazon is listing DOZENS of "Touchpad" accessories: not surprising, considering the physical specs of the Touchpad are identical to the orignal iPad. Those cases are NOT $50.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    The thickness and rounded corners of the devices are completely different, so true iPad cases won't work well... but I'm sure a lot of the generic cases will work perfectly well for less money.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The thickness and rounded corners of the devices are completely different, so true iPad cases won't work well... but I'm sure a lot of the generic cases will work perfectly well for less money.
    No problem: for the 30 bucks diff, I'll have a tailor put in some padding and take in the cuffs.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    LOL don't forget the pleats
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Way too rich for me, but then so is the tablet.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong but is the $30 charger a basic wired one to charge it that does NOT come with the TP? If so that seems pretty lame to offer a product that needs a charge and not offer an included way to do so.
    Was the iPad sold the same way??
    $80 for the TS seems a bit high but at least it comes with the cable and AC adapter.
    Hopefully they will be reduced on Amazon etc. in the not too distant furture.
    The TouchPad will come with a charger, just not the TouchStone charger. Just like the other webOS devices, you can purchase more wired chargers and/or TouchStones for the device. The wall charger and cord will be $30 if want more of those for travel and stuff.
    As far as cases go... I'm also pretty sure I heard Tim Pettitt say in that they released the device specs out to a lot of 3rd party manufactures to be able to offer other options for cases. It's a long video and I didn't want to sift through it... but I'm pretty sure I heard that (if anyone feels like watching it).
    I know the TouchPad's charger is a higher voltage than the Pre but will the Pre's charger still work on the TP, just slower?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast