Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    and I really think these are refurbished items. They seem used. As long as they work I am happy foe the price but I wish verizon would have mentioned that they are refurbs
    That sucks. I mean I know they were only 5 bucks each, but if I knew it was some used refurbished crap I wouldn't have ordered it.

I'm expecting mine tomorrow, I'll see how they arrive. For some reason I don't think they would be refurbs. I ordered a couple months back from Verizon, when they had the Touchstone, Car Charger & leather case for a $10 bundle & they were all new.

I'll see how it turns out tomorrrow.
    Mine are pristine and packed in boxes with original prices. I do not think these are refurb. On the other hand the cable included with the charger is NOT the same quality as the one I got with my phone originally. The original cable was supple and had a special rubber dongle to allow you to clip it together to take up less space/be more organized. The cable in the ac/adaptors I have opened so far have been less supple (they hold the shape of the folds) and the outer coating is sticker than the smooth coating on the original.

They work - but they are not quite as elegant.
    Hmmm, mine came in yesterday, but the wife had everything out of the box and set up to "surprise" me. I'll have to ask her if it looked used or previously opened.... For what it's worth, the clear plastic that ships on the bottom of the TS is still attached.
  5.    #5  
    The clear plastic under the touchstone was NOT on mine. That raised my question. Then I opened the cord and wall plug and it looks very used. The wall plug looks brand new. The package looked brand new but it was in verizon packaging.
    I am convinced they are refurbs
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    all three of mine were plastic-less as well, leading me to question the condition too.
    Maybe they mixed up your order? You might want to contact them and complain.
    I ordered some last time VZW had a sale, they were new.

Just ordered a few more earlier today, hope they will be new, too.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    all three of mine were plastic-less as well, leading me to question the condition too.
    Plastic on mine. No wear marks - everything is pristine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Plastic on mine. No wear marks - everything is pristine.
    No wear marks on anything. The cable and ac adapter have plastic, none on the touchstones though, weird. It kinda sucks because dust and debris is already on the bottom, losing the original stickiness.
    No wear marks on anything. The cable and ac adapter have plastic, none on the touchstones though, weird. It kinda sucks because dust and debris is already on the bottom, losing the original stickiness.
    That's weird. I am keeping the plastic on mine to avoid sticking them to anything right now.

Did your cords feel different from the originals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    That's weird. I am keeping the plastic on mine to avoid sticking them to anything right now.

Did your cords feel different from the originals?
    A lot stiffer than my pre cable and just a tad bit stiffer than the new Veer cable. No stickiness that was mentioned but it is different.
    A lot stiffer than my pre cable and just a tad bit stiffer than the new Veer cable. No stickiness that was mentioned but it is different.
    Maybe stickiness is the wrong word. The surface texture is grippy - it doesn't slide in my fingers the way the original one does. Yikes that sounds wrong!
    I ordered 5 of them. None came with cords. I started to get the cycling battery charge message and thought I was hosed over as webOS internals has suggested the problem is in the touchstone base. Tried a different one of the many palm cords I have laying around and they all seem to be working just fine now. Whew! Thought I got taken for some refurbs after reading posts here. All of mine had the plastic ring on the bottom - they look like brand new.
    if they are used/return the law requires that they be labeled that way.
    Mine was sent from the Returns Dept (or something like that). The touchstone was definitely used, but works great! For $5, Im not going to complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by zuprman View Post
    I ordered 5 of them. None came with cords. I started to get the cycling battery charge message and thought I was hosed over as webOS internals has suggested the problem is in the touchstone base. Tried a different one of the many palm cords I have laying around and they all seem to be working just fine now. Whew! Thought I got taken for some refurbs after reading posts here. All of mine had the plastic ring on the bottom - they look like brand new.
    The dock doesn't come with the cable, only the charger does.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Strange. Mine were brand new, but in strange Verizon boxes. Serious space wasting with those. Just glad to be able to put a new on in my car to replace my heat stroke Touchstone.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Strange. Mine were brand new, but in strange Verizon boxes. Serious space wasting with those. Just glad to be able to put a new on in my car to replace my heat stroke Touchstone.
    Mine were brand new as well. But with the Verizon packaging, big waste of space. TouchStone should come in a box made for earrings or a ring.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Mine are virgins, as was the first time around when Verizon had them on sale before. Both times in Verizon packaging as well. My girl is happy with her new Touchstone on her desk at work!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast