Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Anyone know if the touchpad case will still allow docking on the new touchpad touchstone dock?

This would be a huge plus if it does. I have used a lot of fujitsu tablets in the past, we had these docks and nice protective cases, but always had to remove them to dock them, which was rather annoying...
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    yes it does.
    yep
    From the horses mouth:

TouchPad | Laptop TouchPad, TouchPad Computer

Scroll down to the accessory side to alleviate all doubt
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    i am extremely glad they made a point of making this work, it would have been extremely annoying to have to remove the case to charge it, would have been easier to just use the microusb then probably
    Yea it says you can charge it with the case on though I bet they mean via the microUSB port. It does not specify either way. We may have to find out when it comes out.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingsEighth View Post
    Yea it says you can charge it with the case on though I bet they mean via the microUSB port. It does not specify either way. We may have to find out when it comes out.
    No. You can charge it through the touchstone with the case on. There are videos of it doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    No. You can charge it through the touchstone with the case on. There are videos of it doing this.
    Sweet! Not that I'm a non-believer but, would you happen to have link to a video that shows this. I have not yet seen it.

Thanks
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Sweet! Not that I'm a non-believer but, would you happen to have link to a video that shows this. I have not yet seen it.

Thanks
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    My problem with the is the front of the cover is "flapping in the breeze". The demonstrator never folds it completely backward before setting it in the TouchStone. For landscape mode, it's probably not a big deal to have the cover "flop" over the top of the TouchStone. For portrait mode, there are likely some practical problems related to balance, etc.

Has anyone seen a video where the front cover is completely folded so the "charge" is conducted from the TouchStone through both layers of the cover to the TouchPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.s View Post
    My problem with the is the front of the cover is "flapping in the breeze". The demonstrator never folds it completely backward before setting it in the TouchStone. For landscape mode, it's probably not a big deal to have the cover "flop" over the top of the TouchStone. For portrait mode, there are likely some practical problems related to balance, etc.

Has anyone seen a video where the front cover is completely folded so the "charge" is conducted from the TouchStone through both layers of the cover to the TouchPad?
    Looking at the video around the 14:50 time mark, he appears to set it one the touchstone in landscape mode, with the back completely folded over. I'm not sure if it is charging through both layers though. Check it out at the link below, it's already set at the time marker:

Another vid demonstrating charging with case on
    Sounds to me that he said the charging will go through both sides of it. Sweet.
    For some reason mine will charge in portrait through the case, but not in landscape, anybody seeing this issue as well?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Here is the deal with this. The Touchstone charger only functions properly in one landscape orientation, and that is with the card button on the right with the speakers pointing downward. The issue with this as you may have noticed is that with the case on, you cannot simply fold the flap over the top of the touchpad as he did in the HP Discover event video. If you pay attention, he later folds the flap around the back of the device and sets it on the touchstone in the other direction, same thing in that second link. So basically the point is that if you want to use exhibition mode with the case on and use the touchstone, you'll need to fold it flat along the back. I believe it still charges through the two layers, it just won't sit as nicely on the bottom lip of the TS.
    make sure your TouchPad is in the case correctly (buttons & port lines up) and the volume button is orientated on top.
    Actually,nit charges in the Touchstone with the case on.
    That did the trick, I just didn't try that orientation due to the flap of the case, works just fine that way. This community is great, thanks for the quick help, I love this thing.
    To all of the doubters, here is a picture of my TouchPad being charged through 2 layers of the case, note there is no USB cable plugged into my TouchPad but the battery indicator shows it being charged. Does anyone still want to bet?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    khalid7412002 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast