Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I'm a little disappointed in the touchstone. It doesn't have magnets in it like the one for the phones does so it is harder to get the touchpad orientated correctly. I have to very carefully place it slightly off center to get it to charge. In addition, I can't get it to charge in the case at all.

Anyone else having a problem with the touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    I'm a little disappointed in the touchstone. It doesn't have magnets in it like the one for the phones does so it is harder to get the touchpad orientated correctly. I have to very carefully place it slightly off center to get it to charge. In addition, I can't get it to charge in the case at all.

Anyone else having a problem with the touchstone?
    None whatsoever. Charges through the case even when the cover is folded behind.

Make sure the "home" button is oriented to the right in landscape or down in portrait. I drop it on roughly centered and never have to make adjustments.
    what do people think about this case
    Black Leather Stand Case For Hp TouchPad : BargainCell.com - Bargain Cellular Phone Accessories

certainly price is right; but as always the question is would it be chargeable on the touchstone ..

given its price, I might give it a whirl irrespective, but , like many others, I'm waiting on amazon to ship out my touchstone dock.

(which btw I thought its a better deal that could be publicized more than the QVC: the 659 qvc deal doesn't include sales tax, after which I would've ended up paying 720 for the whole shebang. .. Instead I got both the touchstone and the hp keyboard and the 32 GB touchpad for I think it was about 710 via amazon. keyboard and touchpad came yesterday...)
    Mine is charging perfectly fine in portrait orientation "book style" with the case on. The only problem that I'm having is that if I flip the case's cover to be behind the TouchPad so that I can see Exhibition mode the TP keeps sliding off of the base. Still make contact enough for charging but it is driving me crazy. Anyone else seeing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    None whatsoever. Charges through the case even when the cover is folded behind.

Make sure the "home" button is oriented to the right in landscape or down in portrait. I drop it on roughly centered and never have to make adjustments.
    I have it oriented correctly, I just have to take the case off and make sure it is the exact right spot to charge. If I put it on the touchstone centered, it won't charge. I have to move it slightly off center. And it won't charge in the case no matter where I put it.

I wonder if I have a bad touchstone...
    I miss the magnets too. BUT I have had no problems with using the touchstone to charge my Touchpad. But... wait for it...

I know what your problem is... when I first plugged in my touchstone it didn't work either. I was like "<<mod delete>>.. why did I have to get a broken one?" Then I noticed that the USB cable was coming out of the adapter at a slight angle! The problem is that the plug is not correctly seated in the adapter.

My adapter was not properly assembled in manufacturing and it is likely that the plug can be switched out for different electrical systems. Simply hold the adapter firmly in the middle and gently but firmly twist the plug (I forget which way but it worked the first time for me) until it is snug. Then plug it back in and your touchstone should work.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/07/2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pareinai View Post
    <<mod delete>>, acronyms are censored?
    When they contained inappropriate language, yes. PreCentral is a family-friendly site.
    Thanks pareinai, but that didn't help. I still can't charge my touchpad in the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdini View Post
    Mine is charging perfectly fine in portrait orientation "book style" with the case on. The only problem that I'm having is that if I flip the case's cover to be behind the TouchPad so that I can see Exhibition mode the TP keeps sliding off of the base. Still make contact enough for charging but it is driving me crazy. Anyone else seeing this?
    I fiddled with it this afternoon, and I have concluded that if you want to charge it with the case on and have exhibition mode running, it works best if you place the touchpad in landscape. You can fold the case such that the fold of the case is what is held by the lip of the touchstone.
    I contacted HP through the live chat and what a waste that was! They basically told me I should be able to put it on the touchstone and it will work. I told that it didn't and they seemed lost. After a long wait, they told me to take it to Best Buy and ask them to test it. I called Best Buy and talked to a Geek Squad rep and he said they couldn't do anything to help me. They don't even have touchstones or cases to test with.

HP thinks it is a bad case. Huh? Is that possible? Does the case have something in it to let the touchpad charge that could be broken in mine?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Does anyone know wether the Touchpad will charge on the dock whilst it is in the HP cover?

regards,

Greg
    <<Threads merged>>
    @bevcraw Apologies.
    @cshrader Sorry that didn't do the trick. I don't know about the cover, but the back plastic case probably has the coil in it just like the Pre. Maybe you got a bad one.. best wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitenski View Post
    Does anyone know wether the Touchpad will charge on the dock whilst it is in the HP cover?

regards,

Greg
    It does. The instruction manual with the case shows the proper way of orienting it while on the touchstone.
    Problem solved! As I explained above, my touchpad would not charge on the touchstone with case on and was very finicky about charging with the case off. After a very disappointing chat with HP tech support where they insisted the problem had to be with case (huh?), I decided to exchange my touchstone for a new one. The new one works great! I can now charge with case on!

Thanks to everyone that tried to help.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    My Touchstone is charging the TouchPad very well with the TouchPad case on. I was frankly impressed at how easily and well it works.

This has been working for a couple of days now. This morning I pulled the TouchPad off of the Touchstone and noticed that the back of the TouchPad was hot. It seemed VERY hot. It had spent the night on the Touchstone in exhibition mode with maximum screen brightness. I hadn't noticed this heat when previously removing it from the Touchstone.

Anhone else run into the TouchPad getting very hot on the Touchstone?

- Mark
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    As an update, the TouchPad has come off the Touchstone hot only that one time. Every other time it charges perfectly in the case.

We have the Touchstone on a shelf in the living room and use the TouchPad as a photo frame. It's very nice to set it there, see photos and take it the next morning fully charged.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ag95keri likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    Problem solved! As I explained above, my touchpad would not charge on the touchstone with case on and was very finicky about charging with the case off. After a very disappointing chat with HP tech support where they insisted the problem had to be with case (huh?), I decided to exchange my touchstone for a new one. The new one works great! I can now charge with case on!

Thanks to everyone that tried to help.
    So you are now able to charge in portrait mode? It's so hard for me to get the case flap to wrap around the back and still have the TP to stay level on the Touchstone. I figured out landscape mode, but still unable to figure out portrait mode.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknapp View Post
    As an update, the TouchPad has come off the Touchstone hot only that one time. Every other time it charges perfectly in the case.

We have the Touchstone on a shelf in the living room and use the TouchPad as a photo frame. It's very nice to set it there, see photos and take it the next morning fully charged.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Can you set it to only play pics at a set time? I was wanting to do similar with mine but haven't set it up yet !!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    So you are now able to charge in portrait mode? It's so hard for me to get the case flap to wrap around the back and still have the TP to stay level on the Touchstone. I figured out landscape mode, but still unable to figure out portrait mode.
    I don't have the official HP case, but it's the same style. Like yours, mine is perfect in landscape mode but off-center in portrait mode because the lip of the TS only catches the back flap, leaving the TP to hang at a slight angle. Fortunately I prefer the landscape orientation, so it's not a real issue for me. Maybe they could do something to the case to force it to hold the TP straight in the TS ... like a magnet in the upper right corner of the front/back flaps.

I will add that I've have no trouble charging in portrait or landscape on the TS with the flap wrapped around back. In fact it seems to start charging when I even get close ... with or without the case.

I did notice that it only charges in two positions, portrait with the button on the bottom and landscape with the button to the right. In the opposite orientations, with the button to the top or left, it doesn't charge. (I don't see this as a problem, just a fact to be aware of.) In the correct orientations, it doesn't seem to matter if it's centered or not. I just get close and it starts charging.
    Past: Treo 300 > 650 > 700w > 750
    Present: HP iPAQ Glisten (WM) + TouchPad
    Future: Pre3 + Veer + TouchPad

Just waiting for webOS 3 on the phones. Please hurry, HP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast