1.    #1  
    Hey,

I've had a Pre for more than a year now and I've finally got a back cover (actually, four of them) and two touchstones.

.. and it won't work. I changed a back cover, plugged an original cable in the wall charger (NOT original) and in a touchstone, put my pre on it (and was waiting for the magic) ... and nothing. Thanks god' i've got 4(!) back covers, I changed it and tried again and again ... and all of them are just useless.

I used to plug the cable directly in the phone and it still works.

The only problem I can think of is a charger.
    is it a Palm pre change? If it can't put out 1000 mA it won't work with the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    +1

You need a charger that is capable of putting out 1000mA (1.0A) in order to use the Touchstone. A 500mA or 750mA charger is capable of charging a Pre when plugged in directly but does not have enough juice to charge using the induction of the Touchstone.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Amazon is selling OEM Palm wall chargers with OEM Palm USB cables for $4.50 shipped right now. I've purchased one and can confirm that both the wall charger and the cable are Palm items.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2903141
    Touchscreens are a fad.