Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    since the veer as we know has that magnetic charging port.... touchstones and BT headsets are a logical way to get around that.

Like many I have a touchstone mounted in my car. I have a cable that goes to it to charge my pre+.

Now... if I had a veer, I would also need to charge a BT headset. I suppose I could get one of those multi-port 12v doodads but they tend to be bulky and its more wires snaking down to my charge port. And yes I know many cares have more than one port.

Anyway my idea is why not have a microUSB port... or a USB port... (or both) on the touchstone body itself?
    too small to fit on the phone. there is said to be a new touchstone coming, perhaps in the same timeframe as the Pre3. That may have something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    since the veer as we know has that magnetic charging port.... touchstones and BT headsets are a logical way to get around that.

Like many I have a touchstone mounted in my car. I have a cable that goes to it to charge my pre+.

Now... if I had a veer, I would also need to charge a BT headset. I suppose I could get one of those multi-port 12v doodads but they tend to be bulky and its more wires snaking down to my charge port. And yes I know many cares have more than one port.

Anyway my idea is why not have a microUSB port... or a USB port... (or both) on the touchstone body itself?
    Here ya go: Verizon Palm Pre car charger with USB port
    I see pandas.
    I think he is asking why there isn't a USB outlet on the TouchStone itself. Pretty simple answer, really. Having a spare outlet on the TouchStone would mean that HPalm would need to supply a much larger, more powerful and expensive DC adapter to run both the TS and whatever device you might have plugged into it.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Ok, guess I should have elaborated.

In my vehicles, I use a Verizon car charger with USB port to power the in-car Touchstone.
    Thus I have a USB port available to power another device while using the Touchstone, all with only one car connection.
    I see pandas.