Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    That sounds really cool, I want one. (but if they don't release it when they say they're going to, I'm jumping ship to Tissot)
    What's tissot? Also, they said you can pre-order the watch..but where?

Did anyone find a link?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    I'm guessing Tissot is a play on word/letters intended to be a competing watch manufactuer and Sledge007 is jokingly comparing this to the "if HP doesn't deliver, I'm going Android!"

...or something like that...but I'm just guessing
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I'm guessing Tissot is a play on word/letters intended to be a competing watch manufactuer and Sledge007 is jokingly comparing this to the "if HP doesn't deliver, I'm going Android!"

...or something like that...but I'm just guessing
    Ehem...

Tissot
  5.    #5  
    I was driving at the time I saw the article on the front page, and the PreCentral app wouldn't let me login to comment there, so I started a thread, hence the abruptness.

From what I gather, this watch will pair with any bluetooth phone, or just HP? Seems like the article says both :
    HP and Fossil teamed up with Meta Watch to make the first publicly available examples of the new platform, and they look fairly interesting.
    Despite HPs partnering with Fossil to make the Meta Watch happen, we dont know if or when support will make its way to webOS.
    So HP partnered with Fossil to make this watch to be used by all smartphone owners, regardless of which smartphone they own?.... If that's the case, that's not necessarily a bad thing, for HP.

A cool idea, you don't need to dig your phone out of your pocket/holster/whatever to read a text/see the weather/see what time it is, lol.

As for the Tissot, somebody got it right there, a bit of a play on the "if they don't.....or else I'll....." I figured it was my turn to be the raincloud, and what better place than thread #1 post #1 ....and I made it Tissot, well, they do make extremely nice watches, the new touchscreen watches are pretty neat, and well if I'm going to jump ship, I'm doing it in style, did you notice in an 88 page catalog....not one price tag. So if you have to ask, you can't afford it
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I have a feeling the list of phones this will be compatible with will be a short list... at least at first. Sony tried a similar venture with the Sony LiveView, and it only worked with a handful of Android phones (mostly Sony's Xperia line). Also since this was presumably in development before HP bought Palm, I doubt it will work with WebOS.

I think what is lacking is a BT standard for pushing notifications to an external display.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    So there really IS a watch company called Tissot...learn something new everyday. I know of Rado, but haven't really researched much in the watch industry.

I see it is a noted maker of fine Swiss timepieces...what is it about Swiss watch movement? I mean, since when has Swiss movement been known to be the most outstanding movement? Have you ever seen someone from Switzerland really 'get down' with the moves? Another one of life's little mysteries I guess.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I'm still scratching my head wondering why a connected watch is needed?

Of course I was that way about tablets until recently. An idea I got regarding porting one of my apps to Enyo sparked the want. Plus if I'm going to try coding for it, I may as well have one for testing right?
    [QUOTE=IGNTNUNLMTD;2953911]Ehem...

[url=

And I thought they were just flipping the word fossil upside down for the fun of it =/
    I've wanted something like this ever since that Blackberry-compatible InPulse watch was outed by Engadget last year. Seems like a very cool capability - your phone buzzes in your pocket, you look at your watch, and either go back to your day ("gah - more spam") or pull it out ("a text from the lady! Huzzah!") - etc.
    They've had watches like this for a long time and they're only about $60 and they work, well enough at least. How many times have you missed a call because you didn't hear your phone or feel it vibrating? That'll never happen with this on your wrist, plus you can sync your address book and it'll show you who's calling. It's maddeningly crappy in other ways but it does the main job very well.
    No, the watch at ThinkGeek is not the same thing. There have been plenty of devices that will display caller-ID information, which is what the ThinkGeek watch does, but to display notifications (email, FB, txt, etc.) is something entirely different.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    No, the watch at ThinkGeek is not the same thing. There have been plenty of devices that will display caller-ID information, which is what the ThinkGeek watch does, but to display notifications (email, FB, txt, etc.) is something entirely different.
    That's what I meant about it being maddeningly crappy in other ways -
    Any news on the Fossil Watch. It kinda came and went, and im actually really interested in one.
    Last edited by LordSecksie; 06/19/2011 at 09:04 PM.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Yes I want one also. Fossil and HP announced almost a year ago, so not sure what's happening, but hopefully those images from Phil McKinney also sent out months ago are also proof that something (Fossil running webOS) is coming sooner then later. Sorli...
    If you want a new watch now, things aren't looking too bad at the Tissot camp. Of course, it is a bit useless, but sure does my PRC 200 look nice, and sapphire a bit 'cooler' than gorilla glass. Personally I found those Fossils a bit ugly, but perhaps I'm probably not their primary market.
    btw, here you can pre-order both watches:
    https://estore.ti.com/MSP-WDS430BT10...ay-P2446.aspx#
    https://estore.ti.com/MSP-WDS430BT20...ay-P2447.aspx#

availability is June 30th and it seems as if these watches will be supported for all kinds of bluetooth-connected devices...

Link to the news post:
    HP-approved Fossil Meta Watch bridges the gulf between your wrist and your phone | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
    would be nice if it worked with webos
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by zwergholdrio View Post
    btw, here you can pre-order both watches:
    https://estore.ti.com/MSP-WDS430BT10...ay-P2446.aspx#
    https://estore.ti.com/MSP-WDS430BT20...ay-P2447.aspx#

availability is June 30th and it seems as if these watches will be supported for all kinds of bluetooth-connected devices...

Link to the news post:
    HP-approved Fossil Meta Watch bridges the gulf between your wrist and your phone | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
    Says it will work with millions of Bluetooth Devices, Im just wondering how it works specifically with webOS. I can see it working with 2.2 and higher, but I wonder if it would work with my 1.4.5.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Im assuming there will need to be some kind of an app? MetaWatch — Development

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast