Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Ok so this have been discussed before.
    But how about WebOS 2.1? Is it now possibel to make a patch to get more bluetooth functionality?

What I is lokking for specificly is the possibility to connect my Pre- 2.1 to my bluetooth SE HBH-DS980 at the same time as I have my work phone SE W715 connected. Be able to pickup calls from both phones but not at the same time.

BR
    Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    If you're asking for a headset to be connected to two phones simultaneously, that's more an issue for the headset, not the phone. My guess is the Pre doesn't have any trouble connecting to the headset but the headset then disconnects from your work phone. And if it were connected to both phones, what phone would it call out on?

It's very difficult to patch the Bluetooth functionality on the Pre because the source code isn't available. It isn't open source. There are a few binary patches for increasing volume but overall there's very little that can be done to enhance the BT support of the phone because the code isn't available.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    if you look at the spec for the headset i'm referring to HBH-DS980 you will se that it's primary function is to be able to connect to up to 10 units and are capable of picing up calls from all phones connected as long as the phone Support it. So the problem is the Pre. I thought it might get better with the update to 2.1 but no. Big disappointment. 2.1 still rocks thogh. Great functions despite some slowdowns.
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    when pairing your headset first pair the pre, then your other phone. I know this works when using two devices, one using headset mode the other A2DP. Unless your headset requires some custom profile the pre supports fully the following profiles: HFP/HSP, A2DP, PBAP, PAN, AVRCP, OPP, SPP, HID
    check out this Wikipedia Article to see what each profile refers to.
    Cheers, kam.
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus