1.    #1  
    anyone using the new carbon fiber protector from skinomi? i use their screen protector and love it - was wondering about the carbon one
    Hi, mine arrived yesterday. Black carbon one for Pre 2.
    Screen protector seems fine and much smoother then Invisible Shield on my previous Pre-. Around right top corner cutout (proximity sensor?) is already some mess and you feel it if you are use to open topbar menu with swiping from top (not with tapping the bar itself). Microbubbles disappered in couple of hours. In my opinion its much better them Invisible Shield.
    Carbon for side and back is pretty thick. It has fine texture in every "carbon thread". Was relatively easy to install with help of hairdryer. But because of its thickness you feel outlines of cover which isnt nice (and probably will catch dirt). Its surface is clearly visible because how light lands on texture.
    I didnt have photo of full packaging becuase I realised it might be interesting to someone after I had already installed it. But there were only necessary parts attached on paper unlike Invisible Shield (in IS case there was film on whole paper with suggested cutout outline which I basically had to cut on my own).
    It chargers fine on touchstone but doesnt hold as well as before - obviously because its thickness.
    Ill post some photos "in coming days".
    =====
    some hi-res photos and HD video: http://fbdevs.com/skinomi.zip
    Last edited by tr47; 06/27/2011 at 02:28 PM.
  3.    #3  
    thanks - i ended up trying the carbon but didn't like it as much as the techskin - which i love! great customer service there too.