Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Need a protective case for my Pre (Sprint) that's compatible with the Touchstone...that's not Seidio. They suck! Had two and they both broke. Help!
    GRT
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    When it comes to hard cases your best bet is AGF's GRT case. If your not worried about the touchstone than of course go OtterBox.
    Last edited by espc31; 03/18/2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: misspelled mfg name
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Is there a belt clip compatible with the GRT case? Will Sedio's Innocase belt clip work? I think I have spent more money on Sedio's products than I paid for my Pre itself!
    Last edited by sjamie; 03/20/2011 at 01:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Definitely the GRT case. I bought one at the AT&T store for $35 and was a great investment. Comes with 2 fronts in different colors and 2 backs, one for the touchstone and one non-touchstone. With the touchstone back on, the phone sits on the touchstone perfectly every time, no repeated charging alert. Last week took the non-touchstone back, which is thinner, and my Dremel and cut it for the touchstone. Gave the original touchstone back to my girlfriend for her phone as she was constantly having a problem with the phone not charging because it wasn't on right, now she doesn't have that problem.

To cut the non-touchstone back, line the two up back to back and trace the outline. I used a variable speed Dremel and set the speed to the lowest it would go so as not the melt the case and cut what I had traced with a cutting bit. I then changed to a sanding bit and finished off the opening making it smooth both inside and out. Check the fit by just placing the cover only over the touchstone and it should just slide over the touchstone, too big and you run the risk of it not sitting perfect on the touchstoen everytime.

As for a belt clip I don't know if the Seido will work, haven't used any of their products. What I use is a heavy duty nylon case that I bought at Wal-Mart that the phone with case fit in very nicely.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    When it comes to hard cases your best bet is AGF's GRT case. If your not worried about the touchstone than of course go OtterBox.
    Anything else TouchStone compatible? As I've said, Seidio's out because they break all the time. The GRT case looks okay, but I don't think I can use a case that has a huge hole on the back cover, call me crazy. There has to be something out there! Actually, I love my Pre, but the accessories leave a little something to be desired. If that's the way things continue, alas, I may just have to not go the Pre 3 when the time comes. Say it ain't so!
    if you don't have a hole, you can't get enough current/magnetic pull thrrough to be affective.

You should try the GRT before dismissing it. It won't break as easily because it attaches to itself, rather than to the little crack between the halves of the phone. It's amazing. I have it on my birthday list.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if you don't have a hole, you can't get enough current/magnetic pull thrrough to be affective.

You should try the GRT before dismissing it. It won't break as easily because it attaches to itself, rather than to the little crack between the halves of the phone. It's amazing. I have it on my birthday list.
    The Seidio's back works just fine, without having a huge hole. I've had no problems aligning it with the TouchStone. Problem is, of course, the pegs holding it to the phone snap off easily. That problem is most prevalent with the top part of the case and not the backing. Perhaps my best bet is to keep the Seidio backing and buy another brand for the front. Whodathunk that a phone's accessories would make the whole experience suck so bad. There must be a brand out there somewhere that works with the TouchStone without having a hole cut in the back!
    I'm curious about what your concern is with the cut out back?

The GRT case also will prevent any oreo effect which is nice. I found mine with both backs and 2 different color fronts on ebay for like $5.

Really though, if you want something protective that works with the touchstone you can just use the palm pouch. Just take it out in put it on the touchstone and you are set.
    That's why I like the GRT case. No tabs to snap off because it attaches to itself. That also adds stability to the slider because the case is taking the force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    That's why I like the GRT case. No tabs to snap off because it attaches to itself. That also adds stability to the slider because the case is taking the force.
    Very true! But it sucks that there's no belt clip for the GRT case. I called the company today and they said they aren't even planning to make one!
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    I agree completely...just replaced my Otterbox with a GRT case and let me say I'm impressed. My Otterbox lasted a while, but Touchstone charging motivated my upgrade and I like the slide design. Also note, I got my GRT case from ATT on sale for $13 and free shipping using the online discount and links posted on another forum (search for GRT ATT and you'll find it).

Only problem with GRT case is it slick surface that slides in hand easy and would have preferred a similar Otterbox Poly-carbonate design that feels and secures better in hand. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Belt clips are one of the worst fashion mistakes of the last xx years.
    They're like sandals with woolen socks. Real babe magnets.
    That's funny! I keep my wallet in my front left pocket and my keys in my front right pocket; therefore, a belt clip really works for me.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    It's terrible to type with though. I hate the protruding edges along the sides.
    Other than that, it's great. And it look great too.
    Thank you for saying this, because I just checked out this case, and I was concerned about those protruding edges. I use my keyboard a lot, so I guess I need to stick to the "snap on" cases that break if you so much have to remove the case even just one time.

Quote Originally Posted by JAROAM View Post
    Whodathunk that a phone's accessories would make the whole experience suck so bad.
    Yes! I love my phone, but it's been a major ordeal trying to find decent screen protectors (finally found Skinomi, thankfully) and cases!! I had a rubberized Amzer case that I loved, but it started to "fade" on my stuff! (I wasn't happy at all with the company's customer service either). I just bought a Smartphone Experts Snap On Case from the PreCentreal store - I really hope this one fits well and "stays on!" I really don't want to go on yet another scavenger hunt of trying to find a decent case. I wish you well!
    I still rock the palm pouch. You can get one online for 2 bucks and they do a great job protecting the phone. I bought one for my pre 2 and it works great.

I am not a fan of the snap-on cases because removing then cause the slider to become loose (imo).
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTesta View Post
    I still rock the palm pouch. You can get one online for 2 bucks and they do a great job protecting the phone. I bought one for my pre 2 and it works great.

I am not a fan of the snap-on cases because removing then cause the slider to become loose (imo).
    The pouch does protect well, but I got tired of not having instant access to my phone when it was in the pouch and just having to fiddle with the pouch in general. I love just being able to toss my phone in my purse and go.

As for the slider, I have heard this is the case for many people. I have the Palm Pre Plus, and I have tried several snap on cases for my phone, and none of them caused the slider to become loose or create that Oreo effect, but then again, I could just be lucky there!

You just might be one of the smart ones here though by just using the pouch, because you have saved yourself a LOT of time and frustration dealing with these accessories! haha
    Does the GRT case work for the Pre 2?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    So..... I'm back to the pouch! I just ordered a cute pink one online, because, although I ordered a Smartphone Experts case, and it worked just fine, it looks tacky, because it's see-through. It also caused my Skinomi screen protector (which started getting weird dots, btw, after about a year of use) to come up on a couple corners, so I had these tacky looking "bubbles." The Palm is such a pretty phone, and it's a shame to ruin it's looks with these ridiculous protection devices. So.... I ordered the Incipio ORION Sleeve Case. It has a little tab that's supposed to make getting to your phone a lot easier. We shall see.... "if" my phone gets messed up, I can soon upgrade next spring. Honestly though, I'm not too worried anymore about a few scratches here and there. :-P

I am seeing that the Palm Pre 3 or Veer are a LOT easier to deal with, because the screen actual has edges, which means you don't need a case to cover up the edges of a screen protector, as the screen protectors simply meet the edges of the phone.... like most all other smartphones. haha I will be getting one of these next if I decide to stay with WebOS, which I do really like a lot, so there's a good chance of that.