1.    #1  
    While the bluetooth specification allows for a device to be connected to more than one device at a time, a Pre with 1.4.5 currently cannot. For instance, you can't be connected to both a headset (using HFP) and a radio or speakers (using A2DP). It's a annoying because it means I cannot be connected to my bluetooth headset while listening to music with my bluetooth speakers.

Does WebOS 2.x fix this problem? With it's new support for keyboards it's an even bigger problem. One shouldn't have to disconnect from their keyboard just to use their headset, or visa versa.
    I believe that webos 2.x supports "Bluetooth® wireless technology 2.1+ EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support".

that version of Bluetooth is detailed on wikipedia: Bluetooth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you know what part of the bluetooth standard allows multiple simultaneous connections? if you know that you should be able to find out what is needed, and whether 2.x supports it.

I think this thread may answer your question: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...h-feature.html
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I believe that webos 2.x supports "Bluetooth® wireless technology 2.1+ EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support".
    This is the same level of support the original Pre offers I believe.

Do you know what part of the bluetooth standard allows multiple simultaneous connections?
    I don't. There was a link in a thread on Palm's support website a while back that identified it. If I remember right the spec allows for a device to be connected to up to 7 other devices at a time, but it doesn't require the device be able to connect to multiple devices at once. Running 1.4.5, the Pre and Pre Plus cannot be simultaneously connected to more than 1 device.

I think this thread may answer your question: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...h-feature.html
    Yes, precisely. I can't believe I missed that one. So it definitely works on the Pre 2, but I wonder if the original Pre running WebOS 2.x will support it? Hopefully someone who's done the 2.x hack will chime in.
  4.    #4  
    *bump* Can anyone running WebOS 2.x on a Pre+ or Pre- verify whether it can be connected to more than one bluetooth device at a time?
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I'll answer this myself. With WebOS 2.x the original Pre can be connected to multiple devices at the same time.

I just upgraded my phone yesterday, drove home listening to my music via BT over my car stereo but turned on my headset and let it auto connect. When my phone rang, the Pre switched over to my headset and when the call was over, it switched back to playing music right where it left off.

Technology is beautiful! *tear*
    Thanks and that's fantastic and good to hear! Sorli...