Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a better alternative to the Zagg Sparq 2.0? I absolutely love the sound of it and am really tempted to grab one, especially while it comes with a set of earbuds. BUT... I've heard really bad things and, while some reviews on the internet sound great, a lot of things that I have found say that even the second version has a lot of issues and that service can be a challenge. I am looking for something mainly that can charge my battery on the go. (The extra features of the sparq, such as being able to charge two devices and plug it directly into the wall are just nice additions that aren't necessary.) OR, if you have had good experiences with the Sparq and think it's worth it, I would appreciate that advice too.

I really appreciate the help. My original battery is really starting to drain fast now but, considering I'm probably getting a new phone at some point soon I hate to drain more cash into a battery that will just go to waste in a couple of months.

I did some searches and couldn't find the answer to this question... if I have accidentally posted a repeat and you know where a good answer is, I would appreciate a re-direct there! Thanks!
    “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
    –Martin Luther King, Jr.
    I have the zaggsparq 2.0 and love it!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Really? That's interesting. It seems to be that everyone that purchases one either loves it or hates it. I've seen especially that they are cheaply made, that they break easily, that the usb ports have a lot of play in them, and that the battery drains really quickly...
    But then, there are lots of really enthusiastically positive reviews like yours.
    I have no idea haha.
    “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
    –Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dallen13 View Post
    Really? That's interesting. It seems to be that everyone that purchases one either loves it or hates it. I've seen especially that they are cheaply made, that they break easily, that the usb ports have a lot of play in them, and that the battery drains really quickly...
    But then, there are lots of really enthusiastically positive reviews like yours.
    I have no idea haha.
    yea...its not too big in size, but rather large in capacity. I have no issue with the build quality. My only concern is you do have to charge it occasionally, even if you do not use it. After a few days, you can see it drop to 75%, then a few days later to 50%, etc.

but aside from that, no issues at all
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    yea...its not too big in size, but rather large in capacity. I have no issue with the build quality. My only concern is you do have to charge it occasionally, even if you do not use it. After a few days, you can see it drop to 75%, then a few days later to 50%, etc.

but aside from that, no issues at all
    I have one as well and love it..have the same issue of idle drain though...
    Quote Originally Posted by dallen13 View Post
    I really appreciate the help. My original battery is really starting to drain fast now but, considering I'm probably getting a new phone at some point soon I hate to drain more cash into a battery that will just go to waste in a couple of months.
    You can buy a Pre battery so cheaply it doesn't really make sense not to get one even if you only have a few months left on the phone. Having a new battery will help you sell the old unit.

Amazon.com: palm pre battery - Cell Phones & Accessories

EDIT - I just reread their site and they claim they are using Lithium Polymer batteries which do not typically have this high self-discharge rate. I'm really puzzled about that. However if you are truely interested in going with this product I'm guessing that the battery inside is NOT lithium ion based due to the complaints of the loss of capacity. I would guess it's probably NiMH based on the amount of loss of capacity in the first 24 hours. (Issues and information on NiMH batteries.)