1.    #1  
    I just saw a Bluetooth keyboard at Verizon, they were selling it for the Xoom tablet, any keyboard should work with the Pre 2, right?
    the pre would not accept periphials like this and i see no change in the BT spec for the pre 2 so i would say most likely not --

EDIT: as usual i appear to be wrong -- sorry
    Last edited by mespiff; 03/08/2011 at 11:34 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I just saw a Bluetooth keyboard at Verizon, they were selling it for the Xoom tablet, any keyboard should work with the Pre 2, right?
    I have MS Bluetooth Keyboard 6000.

My Pre Plus is running 2.1.0.

I'm able to pair and use the keyboard flawlessly.

It's magic.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

My Pre 2 works with the bluetooth keyboard that came with my iMac
    Yes, a bluetooth keyboard will work. Here is one that looks pretty cool:

Here is the keyboard you're looking for: ThinkGeek :: Fabric Bluetooth Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    the pre would not accept periphials like this and i see no change in the BT spec for the pre 2 so i would say most likely not --
    Someone didn't get the the 'HID Profile on webOS 2.0' memo. Tisk tisk.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Here is the keyboard you're looking for: ThinkGeek :: Fabric Bluetooth Keyboard
    Be aware that this keyboard does not support bluetooth HID mode, and apparently requires an application to be run on the mobile device in order to use it in SPP mode. The required app is available for PalmOS and several other mobile platforms, but not WebOS. Since this keyboard is on clearance, I don't think we'll ever see drivers for it from the manufacturer.

Of course, if I'm wrong, tell me how to make it work with my 2.1-doctored Pre. The phone won't discover it as a keyboard, and neither seem to do anything when paired as an "other" device. I did get it to work on Win7 x64 using the XP drivers from their web site, but even that required starting up their app and picking the COM port before the keyboard did anything.....
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    @ Orion & Cantaffordit:

how much are those running for and where did you find them? It is kind of gimmicky, imo, but at the same time that would be pretty cool to blast off text messages or emails for that matter with one of them badboys across my phone. Not to mention something to sway me to push my O.Pre to 2.1. Now if they had a BT keyboard with a phone holder, that would be: