Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I just bought a new car. It has capabilities for bluetooth sync and a usb port that I can plug my Pre into for both charging and playing music through the car stereo. However, it seems the car searches my Pre for all mp3's and even picks up the ringtones. Is there a way to maybe alter the ringtone files so that the vehicle won't be able to recognize them?
    Maybe you could make the folder hidden, not sure what effect it will have on the phone seeing the files.
    there is a way to make new ringers appear like the stock ones ie. with no .mp3 extension at the end. Can't remember off the top of my head, if I scrounge up some time today I'll look into it for you.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Found a workaround. There is a usb port inside the storage compartment between the front two seats. I tested and I can just plug in a flash drive with mp3's on it and the car will read all of the songs off of it. So I'll just use my Pre for bluetooth calling and leave a flash drive plugged in with all my songs on it for music. Thanks for the responses though.
    Pretty useful post, keep them coming!!..