1.    #1  
    I always charge my phone while it's off. I heard that if the phone is off when it's put on the touchstone dock, the touchstone turns it on. Isn't it bad to charge your phone while it's on?

I'm thinking about buying a touchstone from amazon.com because the last few nights that I have plugged my pixi into the wall charger it's not completely charging even though when I plug it in, the battery is around 50/60% and it's plugged into the charger for about 8 hours a night.

Take last night for example, the battery was at 60% when I plugged it in and after 8 hours of charging, the battery was only at 81% when I unplugged it this morning. I'm very anal about having my battery at 100% when I start my day and therefore had to use my car charger on the way to class. During the 20 minute drive, my phone went up to 90%. I'm confused- does the wall charger just suck that bad?

Should I get the touchstone and sacrifice my phone being off while charging to get a FULL charge every night? Would a second battery for a back up be a wise investment?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/21/2011 at 09:05 AM. Reason: paragraphs paragraphs paragraphs
    touchstone or not, the phone will be "on" when it's charging. You can turn off the radios, but the charging circuits have intelligence and talk to thebattery, tochstone, etc.

and remember, you can still get the touchstone+car charger bundle with free fedex shipping for $15 at verizonwireless, so grab several (i have 8 of them)
    also, amazon is selling pre batteries for under $5 shipping included. Always good to have a spare, because they wear out and lose capacity.
    Definitely get the touchstone charger. You'll never again have to struggle with opening that little charger/micro usb connector flap. That flap also has a history of falling off but if you hardly ever use it the thing may never fall off on you. The touchstone cover also has comes is some kewl colors.
    Touchstone charger is awesome, but sounds like you have another problem, such as a bad battery.

Thanks to Cantaffordit, because I just bought the package from Verizon and 2 new batteries from Amazon for $6, including shipping!
    thanks i think ill buy a touchstone charger now haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    touchstone or not, the phone will be "on" when it's charging. You can turn off the radios, but the charging circuits have intelligence and talk to thebattery, tochstone, etc.

and remember, you can still get the touchstone+car charger bundle with free fedex shipping for $15 at verizonwireless, so grab several (i have 8 of them)
    Do you have a link for the touchstone+car charger bundle for $15?
    Set Your Location

Or if that doesn't work, should be the first item listed here:

Set Your Location

If that still doesn't work, go to iPhone, Cell Phones, Smartphones, Refurb/CPO Phones with the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless, shop for accessories, and select the Palm Pre Plus as your phone. The bundle will appear.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    it can be hard to find. Follow the instructions in this post - note that you have to do it twice. First time to set location... Vzw site is a pain.

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...ml#post2848200
    Found it thanks to your direction. Can I use the touchstone base with the car charger?
    yes, that particular car charger (and the Palm branded one you can buy elsewhere) will both power the touchstone in most cars.
    yup just picked up one...interestingly they are selling just the touchstone for the same price...gotta love Verizon...