Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    besides using, y'know, a Palm Pre. Anyone else?
    you can buy a charger on Ebay or Amazon that will charge a spare battery. I don't have a link, but have seen it before.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    you can buy a charger on Ebay or Amazon that will charge a spare battery. I don't have a link, but have seen it before.
    Really? I'll check that out!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    also, any charger for the palm Centro will charge Pre batteries - I use my old Centro to charge a spare battery to bring along when I know I won't be able to connect to a charger for 24 hours...
    You can get one right here in the PreCentral Store:

http://store.precentral.net/mobi-pro...5A100A5688.htm
    cheaper buying a used pixi for your charger

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I have one, it's "Palm Desktop Pre Battery Charger," A.K.A. "Old, No Longer Being Used Palm Centro Upside Down With Back Removed Battery Charger." LOL. I mean I had to use it for something, right?
    My only concerns with ANY outbound method is that it potentially confuses the battery charging circuitry (%, minutes left, etc.). Plus I seem to have more touchstone reliability issues each time I R&R the back of the Pre. So with my latest Pre, I just decided to put Touchstones everywhere instead. It seems to work ok,
    There used to be a smaller one that just charged the battery, like a camera battery charger. I don't think it was any cheaper, but it takes less real estate (just space at an outlet) and is easier to pack. I had one that I used whenever I traveled (and was away from my touchstone during the day) but then I got the Seidio 2600 battery, and no longer need to carry a spare battery, since it reliably lasts a day. So I just charge the Pre overnight and don't worry about it.

I sort of like the idea of using a cheap old used phone with the same battery.
    I have an external charger. The precentral.net store sels them. And the centro batteries work in the pre, so sometimes i'll use my centro as a charger...
    Try and find one of these. Palm Support : Palm Battery Charger - Home
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Yeah I know what you mean. I really would like a better charger than the one palm has been selling for a while.
    Does anybody know if a Treo battery will work, too? Or just one from a Centro?
    Just centro from what I've heard ,the treo battery is bigger I'm sure .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yes, it is bigger. I pulled out my 755p to see. I saw an ebay post that listed a battery for the Treo, Pre, Pixi and Centro, so that's what made me curious.
    How much bigger is it? Is it just a little wider such that you need to pull those two little spacers out of the Pre? Or is it too big to fit the Pre at all?
    I have a grey one I got for like 5 bucks on amazon. Worked when I used regular batteries, I use an extended now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    How much bigger is it? Is it just a little wider such that you need to pull those two little spacers out of the Pre? Or is it too big to fit the Pre at all?
    No, it's thicker, so you can't even put the back cover on. And the points don't match up at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    cheaper buying a used pixi for your charger
    An new unlocked one is even just approx... $50

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    No no no. Bad idea to EVER let a Pre/Pixi battery touch a Centro (or use a Centro battery in a Pre/Pixi). They may be the same size, but the circuitry is different. A friend of mine from Palm (used to work on the Linux kernel, one of the previous directors) told me this.

My recommendation: The OEM battery or a Mungen or Seidio. Grab one of the chargers that charge spare batteries. Palm used to have one that I have been using, though I cannot remember if it was advertised as Pre/Pixi compatible (it has two plugs on the back -- mini USB and Palm Athena power).

This guy: http://store.precentral.net/palm-spa.../5A83A5660.htm

It holds two normal sized batteries nicely (charges only one, stores the other). Even fits in that little coin pocket in most jeans. Great way to transport spare batteries.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast