1.    #1  
    I have a pair of bluetooth enabled headphones, they are A2DP and work great for calls, quality is actually much better then any other hands-free that I'v tried. Sadly I cannot get my pre to stream any audio other then calls without using a 3.5mm adapter.

Is their anyway to setup the pre to stream music and videos without the adapter? The one I do have won't cutout the music and let a call come through, so I'm stuck connecting and reconnecting all day long.

ORIGINAL pre running 1.4.5 on sprint.
    I miss my 1998 Startac.
    Sure, i use my Motorolla HD-S9's all the time on my pre 1.4.5 sprint pre.

Just turn on your headphones, turn on bluetooth, search, select your headphones, pair, and as it pairs, you'll see both the headphone symbol and the headset/phone symbol appear. Then start the Music app, and it should just work.

One thing I have noticed, is that if I overclock my Pre-, when the phone screen turns off into sleep mode, the streaming music will begin skipping?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Put bt device in pairing mode, go to bt app on phone and select add device. Enter code when prompted.

Make sure device and phone are paired and make sure bluetooth is turned on on the phone (drop down menu) and the device is turned.

If you have more than one device sometimes it tries to connect to the last device. You can change device in drop down menu.
    Last edited by laingman; 02/16/2011 at 05:01 PM.
  4.    #4  
    What code would I be typing in? This exact headset I have had paired for some time now with no issues, but will only work with calls. Never once disconnected, but as soon as I open any app with audio (music, videos, youtube, pandora etc) it will just start playing from the speaker until I plug in headphones or the adapter
    I miss my 1998 Startac.
    The code depends on the bt device and should be in your bt headstet manual..normally 0000 but I have a bt radio with the code being 8888.

It seems like you have paired bt headsets before, and should know what you are doing. Have you tried a full reset or battery pull, seems like you have some other problem.
  6.    #6  
    No code required. I have 2 devices I pair, 1 a motorola hands free and the sunglasses. Both show up as profiles under bluetooth. I just deleted the headphone profile, put sunglasses back into pairing mode. Found it, connected and didn't even ask for a code. Works great for calls but won't accept anything else. There is a phone icon next to it when paired if that matters.
    I miss my 1998 Startac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synesthesia View Post
    No code required. I have 2 devices I pair, 1 a motorola hands free and the sunglasses. Both show up as profiles under bluetooth. I just deleted the headphone profile, put sunglasses back into pairing mode. Found it, connected and didn't even ask for a code. Works great for calls but won't accept anything else. There is a phone icon next to it when paired if that matters.
    It should have an icon of couple of music notes as well. It's not finding the music Bluetooth profile.
    Are you guys saying you paired you headset for the first time and didn't need a code. Never happened here.
    Are you guys saying you paired you headset for the first time and didn't need a code. Never happened here.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I just paired a headset - a Plantronics Voyager 510 that I use with my work desktop phone - and it didn't need a code entering
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
  11.    #11  
    I didn't need a code with pairing any of my devices. The only icon I see is a phone, nothing else.

Let me put it another way, is there an app or patch that would force audio over ANY device? For example: regular hands free could be used to stream audio from sprint nav while walking down a street?
    I miss my 1998 Startac.