Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I responded to that article with a comment explaining that the original TouchStone covers for the Pre and Pixi also had FCC filings because of their use of the exact same RF band at 3.1 MHz. Those filings were separate than the filings for the Pre and the Pixi because the TS cover was not originally included with the Pre and the Pixi, but they are in there if you search. The 3.1 MHz band is included in the filing for the Veer, however, since TS capability is built in.

The point of all this is that the 3.1 MHz communication band has existed from the very beginning. Add to that the fact that the TS used for the FCC testing with the Veer was an original TS, and that all points to the new TS being exactly the same as the old, with the same capabilities.

It is possible that the 3.1 MHz communication band was originally used for other purposes, and then expanded to support location awareness in a new, as yet unseen TS. However, I say until someone actually puts a Veer or Pre 3 on an original TS, there is no reason to rule out the possibility of it supporting location awareness.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I responded to that article with a comment explaining that the original TouchStone covers for the Pre and Pixi also had FCC filings because of their use of the exact same RF band at 3.1 MHz. Those filings were separate than the filings for the Pre and the Pixi because the TS cover was not originally included with the Pre and the Pixi, but they are in there if you search. The 3.1 MHz band is included in the filing for the Veer, however, since TS capability is built in.

The point of all this is that the 3.1 MHz communication band has existed from the very beginning. Add to that the fact that the TS used for the FCC testing with the Veer was an original TS, and that all points to the new TS being exactly the same as the old, with the same capabilities.

It is possible that the 3.1 MHz communication band was originally used for other purposes, and then expanded to support location awareness in a new, as yet unseen TS. However, I say until someone actually puts a Veer or Pre 3 on an original TS, there is no reason to rule out the possibility of it supporting location awareness.
    Interesting

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Here is the FCC filing info for the Pixi cover:

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...O8F-PABC1'

And here is the FCC info for the Pre cover:

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...'O8F-CABC1'

Both list 3.1 MHz in the test report.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12