1.    #1  
    Just wondering if my BlackBerry AC charger will fit my Pre. The Pre I purchased is en route and did not come with a charger. I'm guessing that my micro USB charger from my BlackBerry should fit, but knew the Precentral community would know the answer.

Thanks in advance!
    I like meeting new friends, follow me on twitter->

that_maynard
    It should. My BB Storm charger works for my Pre. I urge you to go on eBay and get yourself a Touchstone, though. I didn't think I needed one until I got one. Now, I have three -- one for my living room, one for my office, and one for my car.

Edit: One thing I should add -- there HAVE been some problems with non-Palm chargers making phones act funny. If you plug in the charger and your phone appears to go crazy ... opening apps itself, etc., then the charger isn't really compatible. However, like I said, my BB charger works just fine on my Pre Plus.
    Last edited by smmullen; 02/03/2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: clarity
    I've used a blackberry charger with my Pre. As well as HTC Chargers, bluetooth chargers, USB Mini chargers with a Mini to micro dongle attached, and not had any problems (though the blue tooth charges really slowly due to the lower throughput).

All this to say, you should be fine with the BB charger.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    It should. My BB Storm charger works for my Pre. I urge you to go on eBay and get yourself a Touchstone, though. I didn't think I needed one until I got one. Now, I have three -- one for my living room, one for my office, and one for my car.

Edit: One thing I should add -- there HAVE been some problems with non-Palm chargers making phones act funny. If you plug in the charger and your phone appears to go crazy ... opening apps itself, etc., then the charger isn't really compatible. However, like I said, my BB charger works just fine on my Pre Plus.
    I did find a Touchstone and its on it way also, can't wait. I figured that it would work, I had an EVO for awhile and my BB charger worked it on fine.

As far as finding a charger on ebay, does it HAVE to be Palm then? Those were like $30, I could find a knock off for way cheaper. But if the charger is what is making the Pre act funny I'll spend the extra $$
    I like meeting new friends, follow me on twitter->

that_maynard
    The micro USB connector on the Palm Charger is a little smaller than other chargers so the other chargers may not fit into the Touchstone USB connector and the Touchstone requires more power than is provided by some non-Palm chargers.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~