Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I just ordered a "NEW PALM OEM 157-10119-00 BATTERY FOR PIXI PRE PLUS 157-10119-00 3443WW 1050mAH for 3.98 from amazon. It says it's a new one...what are my chances it's not and did I make a mistake. Please let me know so that I may cancel the order
    Garrett92c recommended this one in an other thread:
    Amazon.com: Palm Standard Battery for Palm Pixi and Palm Pre: Cell Phones & Accessories
    It has the same Item model number: 3443WW
    I just don't understand the capacity of 1050mAh because the standard palm one has 1150.
    EDIT: Just looked at mine and I can see the number 157-10119-00
    So all information (except for the capacity) looks like a OEM palm battery
  3. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    It is highly unlikely that it is a new palm manufactured battery for $4
    Just one customer review of the battery Garrett posted the link to:
    I was a bit leery about ordering the battery due to the price, but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and was exactly as described. I ran the battery through 5 complete discharge/recharge cycles, per Palm's recommended guidelines, and then I ran the calibration test on the "Dr. Battery" homebrew app. I got back a 100% rating, which means the battery was brand new. I half expected to get an A Stock battery (i.e. a battery from someone who returned their phone within 30 days) or get a Centro battery. I got neither, I got a brand new battery. In fact, I ordered a second battery and ensured I ordered from "The OEM Shop", since that is who I got my original battery from.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I too have bought them. My take is, even if it only lasts six months it was worth it.
    Just placed an order from this merchant for 2. One for my pre and wife's pixi. Less than $6 for both including shipping, not bad. Our current batteries are 80% health. This should hold us over until new devices hit. Thanks for the tip.
    doesn't seem like its a palm battery unless you had a spelling error with 1050 instead of 1150