Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    I have a similar setup in my car. I use a BT dongle for an A2DP connection to my car stereo for music (Sprint Anycom music receiver routed through an AUX input) and have a separate bluetooth speaker that uses the bluetooth HFP profile for phone calls (Scosche BT1000) .

Most bluetooth receivers - whether they are A2DP or HFP - auto-connect to the last device, and thus will auto-connect to your phone. However, WebOS 1.4.5 can only have 1 active device connected to it so unless that device can handle both music and phone, you're stuck with having to switch devices manually. If they both try to connect simultaneously, it's a guess which will get the phone last and thus be the active device. However, with the upgrade to WebOS 2.1 you'll find things are much better.

With 2.1 my phone now accepts both of my car devices auto-connecting to it. I can stream music or Spint Nav to my stereo and then when a call comes in, the Pre automatically switches over to the BT1000 unit for the call. It works great and just how you'd envision it. To me this feature along made the WebOS 2.1 upgrade worthwhile.
    I just purchased a Pre 3 (Got it off ebay -- they're still there for those who want one). Anyhow, previously I had no trouble using my Pre 2 connected to my car (Honda Accord) bluetooth phone connection, while simultaneously connected to a A2DP bluetooth device (Blackberry Stereo Gateway) which connects through the Aux port to the car stereo.

It was perfect. If I was listening to a podcast and the phone rang, the podcast paused and the phone rang through the speaker system.

Now, with my Pre 3, I'm able to connect to either the Car bluetooth OR the Blackberry bluetooth gateway, but cannot get both to connect simultaneously.

I noticed that on the Pre 3, there are two additional device options for each bluetooth connection (phonebook access and message access), presumably for Touchpad support. I turned off both options.

Anyone out there with any ideas on what to try?

Regards,

Howard
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Just came back to webos from an EVO, and I'm completely in love once again with webos on my Franken Pre 2. Sadly though, I'm really dissapointed that the Bluetooth hasn't improved at all. Pandora on high quality is still lifeless with no bass, and still has little occasional skips in the sound.

The big problem I'm having right now is with my two bluetooth devices. Like the OP, the Pre 2 seems totally confused when I've previously connected to either my cars Motorola T605 or my Motorola S9-HD headset. Most of the time, I get in my car and the pre connects to my t605, launches my mode switcher profile to start pandora, and then doesn't play music out of the bluetooth OR the speaker. Just sits there mute. When this happens the bluetooth options don't even respond to turning it on or off, and I have to restart luna. Add to this the problem with mode switcher not launching pandora until I've turned on and unlocked the screen, and it's hardly the smooth automated procedure that I had with my EVO. Anyone fixed any of these problems, or found any work arounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by d3mon187 View Post
    Just came back to webos from an EVO, and I'm completely in love once again with webos on my Franken Pre 2. Sadly though, I'm really dissapointed that the Bluetooth hasn't improved at all. Pandora on high quality is still lifeless with no bass, and still has little occasional skips in the sound.

The big problem I'm having right now is with my two bluetooth devices. Like the OP, the Pre 2 seems totally confused when I've previously connected to either my cars Motorola T605 or my Motorola S9-HD headset. Most of the time, I get in my car and the pre connects to my t605, launches my mode switcher profile to start pandora, and then doesn't play music out of the bluetooth OR the speaker. Just sits there mute. When this happens the bluetooth options don't even respond to turning it on or off, and I have to restart luna. Add to this the problem with mode switcher not launching pandora until I've turned on and unlocked the screen, and it's hardly the smooth automated procedure that I had with my EVO. Anyone fixed any of these problems, or found any work arounds?
    D3mon,
    I had the same types of BT coupling in my auto. My car has 2 BT devices in it, and it was kind of wacky as to which item my Pre would connect with, either a 'phone profile' connection' or a 'music profile' connection. My 'phone profile' is my car cell phone Parrot integration. My 'music profile' in my car radio's aux input BT Blackberry music adapter thing (whatever you want to call these).

Things I did that helped deter my Pre from 'randomly' connecting 1 of these 2 car devices:

1) Turning the car on prior to turning on BT in the phone affected connection predictions. My car had 2 BT things looking to connect, so when the Pre switched on BT, it could connect to the last item (since it had 2 things 'equally' looking for it). This usually worked, once I realized it might be/was a factor. Before that, if my phone had BT on, and then I turned on my car, it was a crap shoot as which Car BT device would win by 'booting up first/pinging my Pre first'. I assume this was related to the nature of 'my' 2 devices booting when the car turned on, might be experience for others.

2) After getting 1) above to help, I still had a few hiccups here and there, so I additionally added some tweaks to Mode Switcher. I created 1 (or more if you want) Car modes that would turn on my BT (my other modes don't have it running), and also Launch the BT App on the phone when that mode started. If you're launching multiple Apps with your Car mode, just make the BT App the last on the launching list, so when x number of Apps launch, when you engage 'Car mode', the BT App will be right on the screen (at the rightmost of all open cards), This is in case there was a connection hiccup... Then, all I'd have to do, is click the intended device in my BT list in the BT App that I wanted to connect to.

To sum up, all i have to do is:
    a) turn on car first
    b) swipe top left of webOS screen and engage 'car mode' for Mode Switcher (in case you're not using the pull down integration with Mode Switcher)
    c) then, if it didn't connect to BT device I wanted (which was less than 10% of the time if i did 'a' first), I'd just click once on something already on the screen.\

Doing the above reduced my problems to about 2% of the time.

I hope this helps!
    I've never had to restart Luna
    Good luck.

Additional fun in case anyone else is reading this....I run my Pre on a Touchstone stuck to a custom mount from:
    Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices
    It's great with no wires in the car and BT connections at the perfect location of where I want it!
    Last edited by visigothwarrior; 11/18/2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: small additional Luna tidbit
    I may have to buy more Pre touchstones.

And a car stereo that doesn't suck.

Maybe I should just buy something that isn't an old *** Ford.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply.

My problem isn't with them both trying to connect at the same time though, and I always leave my bluetooth on. The T605 I use for the car, and the S9-HD is for running. Both can connect, and are capable of, music and voice calling. What I am seeing is sometimes (even after a reboot), I will get in my car and the pre will connect to the t605 but music will not actually play. If I click on the bluetooth app, it shows no devices available at all and will not even turn off bluetooth. When this happens even though the T605 is listed as connected in the drop down menu, mode switcher doesn't detect that the T605 has connected and never fires off my car mode. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it when it does it. I restart luna, and everything fires off fine though.

Its sad that bluetooth is such a huge part of what I do with my phone, as its really the only fault I can find in my Pre 2.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12