1.    #1  
    How great would a touchstone that was rechargeable be? If I could take my touchstone with me in my laptop bag/car in the AM and get 2-4 charges out of it I would be in heaven.
    How about a phone with a more efficient battery? Sounds alot better than a portable touchstone. But that does sound pretty cool.
    That is a good idea.

I've been wondering what's happened to the new touchstone (?) that we saw rumor of long ago.

Earlier today outside my elevator a touchstone idea actually struck me. This seems like an appropriate place to put it:

Basically my idea is to give each touchstone a way to identify itself as any one of touchstones #1-x (4 would probably be good for x). The best way I thought of would be to have a switch on the bottom with four settings. Then on the phone you could assign different exhibition modes to different numbers.

Example:

Let's say I have touchstones on my desk at work (with the switch on the bottom set to "1"), by my bedside ("2") and in the car ("3").

In Exhibition Preferences or whatever I could assign Agenda View to launch on touchstones set to "1", a particularly dim clock I like to "2" and a GPS dashboard-type-thing or map to "3".

Like I said this just struck me outside the elevator earlier today. While I was typing it it occurred to me that if Mode Switcher can vary what it does according to orientation on touchstone, HP could easily make that a reality as well (no additional hardware). There might be merit in my idea anyway...
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I think that would have to work via bluetooth because i don't think it can recognize a power pulse series as the ID for the various TSs.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I thought I was the only one who thought of a rechargable touchstone Anyway, I think that it may contain a approxmately 5000mAh battery, and maybe even have a speaker in it, working like an iPod dock. It should also be able to transfer data somehow. But, that may raise prices somewhat.
    Hm. I was kinda afraid of something like that. I'm no expert, obviously. BT would prolly make for a pricey touchstone, huh?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Inductive charging is not an extremely efficient system, so I don't know how much effective power you'd get from a 5000 mAh battery. not sure , anybody can speak to this?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    posted this a while ago.

palm listened to me about Expedition too!!!
    Last edited by Steveborough; 01/10/2011 at 11:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    How great would a touchstone that was rechargeable be? If I could take my touchstone with me in my laptop bag/car in the AM and get 2-4 charges out of it I would be in heaven.
    I had the same thought about a week ago. I love this idea.
    touchstone + zaggspark?
    pico projector....
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    I would buy one. I wonder if that one wall charger with built in battery would work with the touchstone? I saw it on engadget during CES. It's a wall plug with a bettery and two USB ports for charging devices. When it's battery is full, you can unplug it and use it as mobile charger. Still not as cool as having an all-in-one TS with built in battery though.

EDIT: on second thought, what would be the point of lugging around that battery/USB charger and a TS, may as well leave the TS at home and just use the USB cable. Here's hoping for a TS with built in battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    How about a phone with a more efficient battery? Sounds alot better than a portable touchstone. But that does sound pretty cool.
    Might as well get used to it, any power users are going to need to carry either a second battery or a portable battery pack. Same rule applies to iPhone.

The Pre could be made a bit more battery efficient for casual users but for power users there is little difference between it and other smartphones.