1.    #1  
    Hey!

Currently I have Ampache Mobile all hooked up and I stream music from home in my car via my Pre. That's all working great, but just not geeky enough.

I have a touchstone in my car, so that's one cable down and one cable to go.

I have to plug in a headphone style plug into my Pre to get the audio to my head unit (older Blaupunkt San Jose MP41). It's WAY too old for anything fancy like built-in bluetooth and stuff like that.

My question is would the Pre even see something like this with its meager bluetooth capabilities?

Buy.com - BluBridge mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver for Home or Car

It's just a little bluetooth receiver with a headphone jack that I can plug in the existing cable that leads to my head unit so I don't have to plug that cable into my Pre anymore.

Ideas?

M.
    Neat, that's the other end of the spectrum. I've used a transmitter before, so this is a receiver version. It looks like it does support A2DP, so it should work in theory. The comments show varying degrees of success, so you might need to try it to verify it ...
    I personally use this for my car and house stereo

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway for BlackBerry 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8800, 8820, 8830, 9000 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

This works great for me, I am sure that model would work just as well, but have not ever used that model brand ever.

I have a Palm Pre.
    I got the following off woot.com for $13 and it works ok.

Amazon.com: Acoustic Research ARWH1 Stereo Bluetooth Headset: Cell Phones & Accessories

The device that you linked to has a longer battery life for music playback (8hrs vs 6hrs).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I got the following off woot.com for $13 and it works ok.

[url= Acoustic Research ARWH1 Stereo Bluetooth Headset: Cell Phones & Accessories[/url]

The device that you linked to has a longer battery life for music playback (8hrs vs 6hrs).
    And the Pre sees the thing 100% fine? I only need it to go about 2 feet. What is the distance you can go without any breaking up / interference.

M.
    The BluBridge Receiver definitely should work... the Pre's A2DP support it good. Having an iPod docking station to my car, I use the following for music via Bluetooth and it works great with the Pre: Sprint Anycom FIPO Bluetooth Stereo Receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    And the Pre sees the thing 100% fine? I only need it to go about 2 feet. What is the distance you can go without any breaking up / interference.

M.
    For some reason it didn't work well with the increased bluetooth volume patches with phone calls, but after removing them, it has seemed to work ok. I've just kept it at my desk at work or in the front seat of my car. I haven't tried seeing how far I can get away from the Pre and still have it work. The volume and track selection buttons work with the Remix music app too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I tried it earlier in the week at the office and I can have it on the touchstone on my desk and go about 10-15 feet without any breaking up.
    I use a Jabra BT3030 pendent to plug my car cassette adapter into, so I do not need to wear out the pre headphone jack. Plus, it gives me a mic on the dogtag for phone calls. It's a big jumble of that cassette adapter cable and the dogtag chain, though. The only part that is wireless is the pre itself (car-mounted touchstone). Not pretty, but it works.

An advantage is that I can use it with my headphones when out of the car, then just replace the headphones with the cassette adapter without having to re-pair the pre to a different device.

Products - Stereo/Music Headsets - Jabra BT3030

This one may work as well...
    http://www.jabra.com/Sites/Mobile/NA...raCLIPPER.aspx
    Last edited by duanedude1; 01/28/2011 at 09:29 PM.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!