Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hello,

I recently bought the Palm Pre Tandem Series case from Amazon and I received it just a few days ago. The overall quality is great but I have a small issue that maybe a fellow PreCentral user might be able to help me with.

My issue is the following:

I've attempted to take off the case just to see if how difficult or easy it would be if I ever had to remove it in the future for whatever the reason may be (to remove the battery, change the battery door, etc). I was able to get the corner of the back piece off but I was not able to get any other part of the front plate or the back plate to move it enough to get the whole case off. I pushed the corner back on and I did not go any further as I just bought this Pre as a replacement for my other Pre which was a slightly beat up, and i did not want to split the slider attempting to remove the case. Now, I should mention that I applied the case over the Touchstone back and I'm not sure if this has any effect on being able to remove the case because I know the Touchstone back is a little thicker than the glossy, original back, but then again the front piece of the case would not budge a little bit either so I'm not sure. I would really like some help here because I do not want to split the slider while trying to remove the case. Again, it seems the two pieces are a bit too tight to take off and without having to worry about messing up the phone.

--

Thank you and I hope I can get some help and / or advice!
    When I first got my otterbox, it was hard to remove and I almost regretted buying it because, as you know, this phone is so buggy that the ability to take apart and pull the battery is key to living with it.
    Over time, it becomes easier as you get the hang of applying the right amount of pressure at the tabs that hold it to the phone ( slide a fingernail under the tab and pull).
    Not sure about the touchstone back as I never got one. My understanding is that the two - the otterbox and touchstone - are not compatible. Shame because I would love to have a touchstone at work and home especially with the 2.0 enhancements.
    After a couple of months, my otterbox is pretty much done so I may try to find a touchstone compatible case anyway....
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thank you for the reply and advice.

Like I stated, my worry is that while attempting to remove the case, I will mess up a part of the phone (most likely the slider). I'm even more worried because I just bought a Pre replacement and I'm not going to buy another Pre.

Again, thank you.
    I also applied the Otterbox over my touchstone battery cover. It was VERY difficult to remove. The battery cover came off in the process. I ended up breaking the tabs on the case. This case is a one time application for the TouchStone cover.

I would also like to add, I do believe that there is not a better cover/case for the Palm Pre.

@JohnnyPre
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Did you mess up any part of the phone in the proccess? EX. Loosen the slider, any scratches, etc.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Btw Crutzulee, your advice helped. I got under the tabs with my nail and it came off, but will 15 to 30 minutes of picking at it carefully. No damage to the phone. I ended up returning the case as I didn't crack anything or break the tabs.
    Similar problem on mine and my tabs on the top left and right are also broken and now allows the case to come apart easily. Actually, I now use my Otterbox this way and manually remove the back cover when charging via Touchstone.

I still get the initial protection (not like before where I could drop my Pre and it would bounce 3 times never losing its covers. Now the unit falls and the back immediately comes off the back. Either way, the Otterbox Tandem is fantastic and highly recommended. Sorli...
    The otterbox doesnt work with the touchstone so i left the front on and the back is off. I actually have grown used to it so it doesn't bother me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KottyKing View Post
    The otterbox doesnt work with the touchstone so i left the front on and the back is off. I actually have grown used to it so it doesn't bother me.
    Except...now it does, courtesy of Steve Burlbaw. I'm hoping to get one to review soon. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter