1.    #1  
    I have had multiple batteries, Palm OEM, Seido 1350, & latest battery I got was a Mugen 1400 about 2 months ago. I have been happy with the Mugen which Dr. Battery stated I was getting 1400+ mAh capacity. However, 2 days ago, I had let it drained down to 20% & then I figure, better not push it & swap Mugen out for a fresh battery. I was not home when this happened & later when I got home, I tried to recharge the Mugen battery & the Palm OEM battery charger LED went from Green to Red to Orange & then off. Dang it, Mugen battery is completely dead!! I tested other batteries with the Palm OEM charger, the other batteries work. I even tried using my Seidio battery charger...no go. I may have gotten a "bad" Mugen battery or maybe I should have not let it discharge so low, but I have done the same with Palm OEM & Seidio batteries & they never had this problem. Just a FYI...I doubt Mugen will replace it for free now...Just curious, does anyone know what happened?
    Last edited by Kewl 700p; 12/31/2010 at 05:41 PM.
    You didn't discharge it to low.
    Even 0% is not to low, since webOS and the chip in the battery don't let you discharge it further.
    I'm quite sure you will get it replaced as it has still warranty after 2 month.
    Do you know what the colors of the Pam charger LED mean?
  3.    #3  
    Usually Red LED means it is charging...when the LED turns green it is charged...However, Orange LED must mean malfunction or cannot charge the battery...not sure...can't find the instructions...I figured something bad must have happened to the Mugen....I even tried putting the Mugen battery back in my Pre+ & it would not boot up with it...It's like the Mugen is completely drained somehow...Hopefully someone from Mugen will reply to my email...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Hopefully someone from Mugen will reply to my email...
    Very strange but I'm confident they will exchange it.
    Good luck and keep us informed.
    One more:
    You may send a PM to them:
    http://forums.precentral.net/members/mugenpower.html
  6.    #6  
    You guys are the greatest!! Thanks for all your help! Happy New Year everyone!
    I even tried putting the Mugen battery back in my Pre+ & it would not boot up with it..
    Did you try charging it while the battery was in the phone? Plug it into an AC outlet for a few hours and see if it comes to life.
    Everyone here is dead on, they will give you another.I used that same battery for my pre, its 6 months old now and my daughter has been using it in her pixi for two months now and still works great.I have mugan 1800 for my evo and I swear by mugan.

Sent using taptalk.
  9.    #9  
    Thank you all for the advice! I just PMd Mugen and hope it all works out. I will try plugging in my Pre with the Mugen battery to see if that works.

UPDATED: Ok, so I put in the Mugen battery in the Pre and plugged it in and then turned the Pre on and I got this logo of a battery symbol with a question mark in the middle of the battery...I guess the Mugen battery is dead or malfunctioning.
    Last edited by Kewl 700p; 12/31/2010 at 05:54 PM.
    UPDATED: Ok, so I put in the Mugen battery in the Pre and plugged it in and then turned the Pre on and I got this logo of a battery symbol with a question mark in the middle of the battery...I guess the Mugen battery is dead or malfunctioning.
    Did you leave it plugged in for a few hours? I've seen people report the same thing and after charging for awhile, the battery was fine.

Also make sure the phone's battery contacts are making contact with the battery, sometimes they bend and don't make good contact. It wouldn't hurt to clean the Mugen's contacts either, a pencil eraser will work fine.