Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Hi!
    I have been on the search for some nice in-ear earphones to replace the original apple earbuds. My price range is about $50. The three earphones I am considering are The Sennheiser CX300-B (Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX300-B In-Ear Stereo Headphone: Electronics), The Klipsch Image S2 (Amazon.com: Klipsch Image S2 Comfort-Fit Noise-Isolating Earphones: Electronics), and The Sony MDR-EX300 (Amazon.com: Sony MDR-EX300/BLK Vertical In-the-Ear Style EX Style Headphones (Black): Electronics). Keep in mid if you guys have any suggestions feel free to, well, suggest them. What do I listen to? I listen to a lot of rock and a lot of acoustic, Jack Johnson, type music. Also, I will occasionally listen to my guilty pleasure (broadway) and a little bit of hip hop and rap.
    Thank You!
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Hey mfaye21,

I'd suggest staying with the Sennheiser CX-300's.
    All three of them have been out for a while and those are the only headphones of the 3 that have decent ratings. The Klipsch are a bit hissy in the high-end with little performance on the low-end (even for in-ear headphones). The Sony's are decent, but they have known issues with the cables breaking and/or shorting out. If you went with Sony, you'd be better off stepping up to the 500's, but for that price there are better companies.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hey mfaye21,

I'd suggest staying with the Sennheiser CX-300's.
    All three of them have been out for a while and those are the only headphones of the 3 that have decent ratings. The Klipsch are a bit hissy in the high-end with little performance on the low-end (even for in-ear headphones). The Sony's are decent, but they have known issues with the cables breaking and/or shorting out. If you went with Sony, you'd be better off stepping up to the 500's, but for that price there are better companies.
    Thank you so much!

Follow me on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

Follow me on Twitter!
    They are old 'budget' earphones for an iPod.. not the greatest reviews, but better than the Sony's. For the price range, I'd still choose the CX-300's.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Ok I think I will do just that.

Follow me on Twitter!
    I have to agree with HelloNNNewman, I have a pair of the Sennheiser CX-300-B's. They are outstanding for the price. They have excellent depth and clean highs without muddling the mid-range frequencies. They also have good separation. You will enjoy them.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I have to agree with HelloNNNewman, I have a pair of the Sennheiser CX-300-B's. They are outstanding for the price. They have excellent depth and clean highs without muddling the mid-range frequencies. They also have good separation. You will enjoy them.
    Thank ya!

Follow me on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Since you have them I guess I can ask you. Is the bass overpowering for the type of music I listen to? Or is the sound balanced enough that it wont be annoying?

Follow me on Twitter!
    Tell you right now.. when you get in-ear 'buds'... there is no such thing as overpowering bass. Ear buds don't have the ability to reproduce low end notes like a regular headphone, so all you can hope for is a 'balanced' sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    Since you have them I guess I can ask you. Is the bass overpowering for the type of music I listen to? Or is the sound balanced enough that it wont be annoying?
    Tell you right now.. when you get in-ear 'buds'... there is no such thing as overpowering bass. Ear buds don't have the ability to reproduce low end notes like a regular headphone, so all you can hope for is a 'balanced' sound.
    Actually these are a bit bass heavy, which is perfect for me. When inserted properly the buds turn your ears into speakers. That being said, I believe you will like them, and for the price they can't be beat. IMHO.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    This appears to be a valuable discussion. Mods, can you please move it out of Off-Topic (so that it can be searched)?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    This appears to be a valuable discussion. Mods, can you please move it out of Off-Topic (so that it can be searched)?
    good idea

These are being shipped to me tomorrow. Less then a ounce in weight.

Sent using taptalk.
    O well pic won't upload motorolla blue tooth h9,hd,stereo head set. Can't wait.

Sent using taptalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    O well pic won't upload motorolla blue tooth h9,hd,stereo head set. Can't wait.
    You mean these zman?

No,not them,loll, trying to figure out why it is saying wrong file extension.

Sent using taptalk.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    You mean these zman?

Ya, this is all I can find. Are you sure that is the name of them?

Follow me on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    And I have found another earphone to contend with the mighty CX300: Amazon.com: Philips SHE9800 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics: Electronics

I am really liking these. They look nice and are supposed to sound even better

Follow me on Twitter!
    Sent using taptalk.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast