Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I never received the original Palm Pre headphones with my purchase because I bought it used, but I own a few iPhones & Apple headphones and the music sounds fine & plays in both ears, but then if I get a call it only goes through the left ear. The same thing happens with my wonderful bluetooth Motorola S9 headphones, only left ear action for phone calls, but both ears for music & movies. Even my trusty old Palm Centro would play the incoming voices through both ears.

Ok my question; do the original Palm Pre headphones play the voice through both ears for phone calls?
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Yes everything is in stereo with the stock headphones.
    They can be purchased on Amazon for less than $5..
    The nice thing too is the microphone has a little button for answering/hanging up on calls and advancing tracks within music apps..

http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Stereo-He...bosnation0e-20
    Last edited by Freshyz; 12/23/2010 at 03:43 PM.
    Everybody wants some!..
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've always had stereo. I really like them. I got a pair with my first Pre Plus in early spring, and have held onto them over my sporadic changing of many devices. The little rubber rings bubbled up then came off rather quickly, but I still use 'em.
    That's funny I think mine are still wrapped up in the top shelf of my closet. I had no idea there was a microphone, I just thought they were earphones
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    They aren't bad and the button for calls and moving music forward is nice. However, the cord is too short for me to use while in the gym. Does anyone know if I can buy another pair of earphones that have the microphone built in and use them with the pre?
    I had no use for mine, they couldn't stay lodged in my ear. I had to end up buying a pair of prong type from Radio Shack. BTW, I had no idea about the call and music features.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Ya mine are falling apart from heavy use and I wish the cord was a little longer myself.

I actually have a working patch on my comp (1.4.5 compatible) that uses the microphone button for 'Pandora-vibrate advance track' that is not available in Preware that i got from the dev long ago. (sorry i don't recall who it actually was and the patch says Unknown.)
    If anybody wants it I would be glad to share it but under one condition, you have to tell me how to actually post it here. LOL
    Everybody wants some!..
    CompUSA.com | X1M | Klipsch Image S2M In-Ear Headset With Mic Headphon

Klipsch S2M/X1M In-ear with mic and one button control.
    Bought a pair of these from the local CompUSA, on sale for $19.99 through today (12/24/2010). Fit nicely in the ear canal and sound good. Phone calls are in stereo.
    The style of the Palm ones always fall out of my ear. I prefer earbuds.

If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Well, the S2m is no longer on production, the S4i being the replacement. At 150 AUD it may seen a bit much at first, but sound quality is exceptional and is actually really really cheap for a Klipsch. However, although the microphone works, the buttons made for iOS products do not on a pre. Alternatively, the Bose Mobile in-ear 2 earphones offer almost the sound quality but a better fit for the same price and do not have the unnecessary buttons that don't work on a pre but still has a microphone. I remember my Treo Pro earphones sounded awful but luckily broke in the first week of use. I have been using the Bose since for a year, and it's still going strong. But if you can afford it, you can buy a pair of top of the line Ultimate Ears for a thousand dollars apparently, they sound rather good, pity I can't afford them. And, also remember to have your music in lossless quality otherwise the music still wouldn't sound too good with better earphones.
    The X1M/S2M (that CompUSA is selling) button works on my Pre: answering call, hanging up, redialing, music pause/play (single button press), and track forward (double button press).
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Really, well I should borrow my brother's earphones and try again then, anyone know if the new Bose's buttons work? It opens up a world of new possibilities...Or maybe I should just stick with my iPod for music.
    I have an iPod Touch 32gb 2nd generation which I hardly ever touch (LOL). All my music is stored on my PC behind an Ampache server. iAmpache on my iPod sucks, music continually stutters. Ampache Mobile works flawlessly on my Pre.
    The problem with iAmpache on my iPod is probably the effect of my iPod being Jailbroken and running features of iOS4 not meant to be on a 2nd gen iPod Touch, bogging down resources.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    My OEM Palm Pre headset actually survived a trip through the washer & dryer in my jeans pocket and still works perfectly.

If only the build quality on the Pre were as good!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I don't know any cell phones that can go thru the washer and dryer and still work, lol.
    Does buttons on iphone's headphones work? I'm considering buying a cheap ripoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    That's funny I think mine are still wrapped up in the top shelf of my closet. I had no idea there was a microphone, I just thought they were earphones
    Same here.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I don't know any cell phones that can go thru the washer and dryer and still work, lol.
    I had a Siemens A-55 that went through a whole wash and spin and came out alive. The 9 key was a bit difficult to press and the battery life was shortened a little, but otherwise ok!

As for palm headphones, i haven't tried my set that came with the phone. I'm not a headset wearer usually for calls, but I might try these. They don't look terribly comfortable though - I'm used to in ear headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Yes everything is in stereo with the stock headphones.
    They can be purchased on Amazon for less than $5..
    The nice thing too is the microphone has a little button for answering/hanging up on calls and advancing tracks within music apps..

Amazon.com: Palm Stereo Headset for Palm Pixi and Palm Pre: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thanks for that link. Just ordered 2 sets. Nice to have. My son locked one side of mine in his seatbelt and cut it in half on one side. Mono sound sucks, haha.