Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    What's the best way to protect a Pre's screen from cracking? Do you reccommend using a case or some other accessory for protection? I currently have a leather case (think it's a Blackberry case) - would that be enough?

I ask because I want to make sure my Pre lasts a while - while I try to take good care of my phones, I tend to drop them every now and then...
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Dont open the usb door, that is how my Pre developed a cracked screen. I use the Palm leather side case..got it cheap on Amazon. If you want to protect it from scratches use a screen protector ..I use one by Skinomi
    My Pre is over a year and half old and my screen is still crack free, the only thing I have done to protect it was install a InvisibleShield screen protector. I have used a TS charger since day one, the only time I use the USB port is to download files and install files via webOSQI. If you carry your Pre in your pants pocket, especially your back pocket, be careful not to bang/sit against hard surfaces.
    My usb door fell off last December and it still got the crack a few months later.. its not as bad like some others.. Just dont drop it
    --Marvin
    a zagg or ghost armor type skin will give it some reinforcement, IMHO
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Okay, cool, thanks guys.

Dont open the usb door, that is how my Pre developed a cracked screen. I use the Palm leather side case..got it cheap on Amazon. If you want to protect it from scratches use a screen protector ..I use one by Skinomi
    Yeah, sucks that the USB door causes all these issues. I probably won't get the touchstone for a month or so - I'm guessing that the phone'll be alright until then?

My Pre is over a year and half old and my screen is still crack free, the only thing I have done to protect it was install a InvisibleShield screen protector. I have used a TS charger since day one, the only time I use the USB port is to download files and install files via webOSQI. If you carry your Pre in your pants pocket, especially your back pocket, be careful not to bang/sit against hard surfaces.
    Hate carrying stuff in my back pocket so it's fine with me Touchstones are going for super cheap on Amazon so I may well spring for one of those. Looks super useful anyway.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Touchstone is definitely the way to go, and u can't beat Amazon's prices. I have 2, 1 at home and 1 in my car.
    Put it in a drawer somewhere and never touch it...or if that isn't practical, use a screen protector and minimize opening USB door as much as possible I guess.
    Got a Phantomskinz on mine :P
    There are cases that covers the front. Sort of on a hinge, so you flip it open & close.
    Also, check out screen protectors for your phone.
    These thin films are awesome. My cell phone screen has been scratch free since the day i had bought it.