Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I am going to pick up a bluetooth earpiece tonight (Blueant T1) and will be using it with my Pre to listen to podcasts and such. I am very new to the bluetooth world, but I came up with an idea and I am hoping someone can tell me if there is a product that will do this.

I play in the band at my church and we use in-ear monitors so we can hear ourselves and the rest of the band playing through our headphones instead of loud floor monitors.

I would like to be able to take the signal that I would normally plug into my headphones, and plug it into some sort of bluetooth transmitter that would take the signal and send it to my Blueant T1. Does anyone know if something like this is out there?

Thanks
    Fej180
    You're probably looking for something like the Jabra A120s (which I have, but now seem to be discontinued).

The Amazon page has links to a couple of other models that do similar things, but I think they'll all only connect to an A2DP capable headset (which it looks like the Blueant T1 is capable of).
    I haven't used either of these myself so I can't tell you how well they work, but one will hopefully be under my Christmas tree:

Sony Bluetooth® Transmitter & Receiver

BluBridge mini-jack: Bluetooth Music Transmitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am going to pick up a bluetooth earpiece tonight (Blueant T1) and will be using it with my Pre to listen to podcasts and such. I am very new to the bluetooth world, but I came up with an idea and I am hoping someone can tell me if there is a product that will do this.

I play in the band at my church and we use in-ear monitors so we can hear ourselves and the rest of the band playing through our headphones instead of loud floor monitors.

I would like to be able to take the signal that I would normally plug into my headphones, and plug it into some sort of bluetooth transmitter that would take the signal and send it to my Blueant T1. Does anyone know if something like this is out there?

Thanks
    Fej180

I'm assuming that you wish to do what you are already doing onstage, but just wireless instead? You just need to plug in a bluetooth transmitter and you should be okay. The ones suggested above should do fine. If that isn't what you are trying to accomplish, I will need more details from you. Hope that was helpful.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    hmm... strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks
    Fej180
    I think you will need to focus on earbuds that will seal your ears, and the figure out if you can adapt them to bluetooth. I have the shure earbuds and they are amazing.

if you want to attempt to adapt something more general purpose, you can try getting custom ear peices that would attach to the ear pieces. You can google custom earbuds. I'll try to find you a link...

if they don't seal your ears, you won't be able to use them on stage, IMHO.
    this is somewhat the thing I was thinking about. What you want is where they send you a kit, and you make molds of the inside of your ears. If they aren't set up for the headset you choose (they usually do iphone, bose, shure, etc) then you might have to send your headset in with the molds.

http://www.bigearinc.com/Products/BE-IPOD.aspx
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 12/18/2010 at 08:25 PM.