Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Found one previous thread on this subject posted in 2009. No responses to that thread. Maybe the answer is so obvious that no one felt the question warranted reply.
    I am considering purchasing a Pre2. I would be interested in 3 touchstone chargers for different locations as well as the car.
    Do thy come with any kind of cord included? (AC, 12V, USB)
    I did find the thread on third party cords. Do you always have to buy the appropriate cord separately?
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    It is a standard micro usb cable. You can get them anywhere.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    you know what I want? A touchstone that plugs directly into an outlet...I have an outlet over my kitchen counter...would be much less clutter to plug right in the wall, set the phone on it...nice an tidy. Why can't we get one of those??
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpreplus View Post
    It is a standard micro usb cable. You can get them anywhere.
    For what it's worth: I returned the 'standard' & bought a Palm one - when my Pre+was charging with the standard cable on the 'stone, I couldn't use the touchscreen (went all wonky)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  5.    #5  
    Guess I am being sorta dense here!
    Two replies say it comes with a micro USB cable. That would only allow it to charge from a computer.
    Mighty BK sort of answers part of my question. That reply seems to indicate that you cannot plug the touchstone into an AC wall outlet?
    There must be some way that it can be connected to 12V in a vehicle as I see people referring to using it in their car.
    Maybe I should ask this way. If I buy a touchstone what else if anything will come with it? Please disregard anything that may come with the phone purchase.
    If nothing comes with the touchstone, are there readily available cords to connect it to AC house current and 12V vehicle current?
    Thanks again.
    the touchstone DOES NOT come with a cable. The car charger and wall chargers DO come with cables. The palm cables have a narrower connector on the end to fit into the touchstone. Some 3rd arty cables will fit, some won't. Palm cables re cheap enough on amazon.com that I just bought the palm brand.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you Cantaffordit,
    I understand that the touchstone does not come with a cable to connect it to a power source and that the connection on the touchstone for power is narrower than most others.
    Now, if I want to buy an AC cord from HP/Palm there is in fact one available? ( Mighty BK's reply would seem to indicate that you cannot attach the touchstone to a household AC wall outlet ) Also, do I understand correctly that HP/Palm has available a cord that will attach the touchstone charger to 12V automotive power? ( Plug in to a 12V power outlet in a vehicle )
    Sorry if this is frustrating to those familiar with the products.
    Sorry to disagree with Cantaffordit (Hi, BTW), but my 2nd TS did come with the cord and wall wart:

It depends on whether you get just the TS as a standalone, or if you get the charging kit.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    right, that's the 'kit' but all the blowout deals people are linking to are touchstone only.
    Ahhh...now I understand.

11.    #11  
    Thanks Blaize,
    I am really feeling kind of stupid right now. As you can see I am a new person to PreCentral and to make it worse I am also new to smart phones. Getting ready to make the plunge.
    The image you posted is helpful. I thought that the touchstone was the charger. Now it appears to me it is just a device connecting the charger to the phone.
    I am guessing that the end of the charger cord ( Mini USB) will connect directly to the phone or the touchstone. Same for the 12V charger. So the charger that comes with the phone will in fact plug into the touchstone.
    The touchstone can be purchased with or without a charger/cable. So the $12.99 deals on Amazon are the touchstone without the cable.
    Have I got it now?
    Thanks for everyone patience.
    Sure going to be interesting if I get into prware, doctoring , patches etc. HANG ON!!
    Thanks again to everyone.
    Sounds like you've got it. The TS does the charging, but is powered by the cord and wall plug that will come with your phone. Welcome aboard. This is a great place to explore, ask questions, and learn.

verizon has been selling these as a bjndle with a nice car charger an holster for $15 including fedex shipping.
  14.    #14  
    Verizon.com?

verizon has been selling these as a bjndle with a nice car charger an holster for $15 including fedex shipping.[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Different Drummer View Post
    Found one previous thread on this subject posted in 2009. No responses to that thread. Maybe the answer is so obvious that no one felt the question warranted reply.
    I am considering purchasing a Pre2. I would be interested in 3 touchstone chargers for different locations as well as the car.
    Do thy come with any kind of cord included? (AC, 12V, USB)
    I did find the thread on third party cords. Do you always have to buy the appropriate cord separately?
    Thank you
    I got mine through Verizone and it came with a microusb cable that plugs into the included USB outlet wall adaptor and to the included Touchstone base. However, it did not come with a Palm Pre Touchstone Back Cover which is required for the charger to work. I had to order separately through Verizon.

Jon
    I've found the OEM Palm A/C- micro USB charging adaptors on Amazon for about $5 each.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  17.    #17  
    I went to Verizon.com and found the Touchstone by itself for $14.99, but no car charger and holster included as Cantafford it mentions.
    Anyone have a link?

Thanks jeffcoat. Checking it out now.
    Cat chewed 3 cables in about two weeks so ordered 5 more via Amazon for $2 apiece (SF Planet). Thought I had the problem solved but unfortunately, found out the hard way that the cables don't fit into the Palm car charger. Both batteries ran out while trying to use SprintNav to find train station in Boston, (I swear all the streets turn magically into one way streets going the wrong way when you want to find something...) Luckily we found it and I was able to borrow another battery from fellow pre user to get myself to hotel.

Which cables/vendors on Amazon have people bought from that enabled them to fit the cord into the charger?
    I just buy the palm branded cables. A cable and wall adapter for under $10 delivered from amazon.com

I got one for each of the 6 or 7 touch stones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Different Drummer View Post
    Anyone have a link?
    Palm Pre stuff dirt cheap:

Amazon.com: palm pre

M.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast