1.    #1  
    So... is this!

I have a Sony Ericsson k550 that I use as bluetooth modem to my PC and to my Treo 680.

There is someway to I use this phone as bluetooth modem to my Palm Pre, too?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    As far as I understand -- no. My last 'dumbphone' was also an Ericsson and I loved that feature (provided tethering functionality without being considered tethering by either of my two wireless providers).

I haven't bothered looking into it, but, I know there's a whole lot of forum threads on MyTether & using the Pre as a WiFi hotspot --> this should get you a similar function: Wireless internet hosted by your cell.

Good luck
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  3.    #3  
    Hi, folk.

Well... the problem is that our brazilian CDMA network is finishing, and we no have data signal, just voice. The Pre is CDMA, but the K550 is GSM, and we have EDGE signal in any place...

In Treo 680, I can just create a network profile and use the K550 as a bluetooth modem. Is very simple... but no have this option to Web OS?

Serious, I wanna buy a Pre Gsm, but nobody send to Brazil, and the H/Palm just forgive us, the ROW...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
  4.    #4  
    So... this is not possible?

Best regards...
    Don't think you can do it through the front end, but a bit on the backend it's probably possible:

- Create a Bluetooth PAN connection with the phone
    - Route the traffic through that connection

It's not that trivial though.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here