Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Hi,

I am getting into podcasting and am wondering; is there a way Dr. Podder will work with a bluetooth earpiece? I have not tried it yet, and figured before I go and buy a bluetooth earpiece I would do a little research. I found that you can listen to music through bluetooth but haven't seen anything on podcast. Is it correct that I need a bluetooth with A2DP capability? I know nothing, and primarily want it for podcasting, but if it will do music and phone calls that's a plus. Any ideas or earpiece recommendations?

Thanks
    You are correct. You'll need a A2DP capable headset. I use a Jabra Extreme headset and it works like a charm with dr Podder, video and game sound.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    You are correct. You'll need a A2DP capable headset. I use a Jabra Extreme headset and it works like a charm with dr Podder, video and game sound.
    This is what I happen to have, it looks pretty weird but it's the best headset ever in my opinion.

Amazon.com: Jabra BT8010 - Headset ( clip-on ) - wireless - Bluetooth: Electronics
    I use Bluetooth headphones: motorokr s305

The USB to charge on the headset just broke, but I'm replacing it with the same headphones, cause they were great and lasted me a year. The only reason they USB broke I think was because the pre's charger mini USB fits and will charge it, but might be slightly larger, causing it to break after a year.

Also, telephony is profile/priority 1 with Bluetooth headsets. Meaning that if it can do h2dp (music and media playback), than it will probably be able to do calls
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I have been using the following bluetooth stereo headset for about a year now.
    It has been working well for me.
    I do precisely what you are looking for, I listen to podcasts. I also answer my phone calls with it.
    For me it works fabulously at work. I keep my phone on the Touchstone and can wander around most of my business and remain in range.

Amazon.com: Plantronics 903/R US BackBeat Headphones: Cell Phones & Accessories

Enjoy!
    I use a Samsung WEP870 bluetooth headset for music and Dr. Podder and it works great.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    This might be a bit far fetched, but I know most bluetooths have a button on them. Can that button be used to pause dr. podder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    This might be a bit far fetched, but I know most bluetooths have a button on them. Can that button be used to pause dr. podder?
    I don't think so, no. Dr. Podder will pause and resume on an incoming call, though.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    I don't think so, no. Dr. Podder will pause and resume on an incoming call, though.
    If you are referring to the button on the standard phonecall-only headsets (the ones with only support for HFP and HSP), then no. That button is programmed for answering/muting a phonecall. If however, you are talking about a stereo headset (one with support for A2DP), then it probably has support for AVRCP and one or more buttons to handle remote control features.

I use a Lubix headset, and it will pause/unpause drPodder (though the fast-forward/rewind don't seem to work). If I have Music (Remix) running in another card though, I can only pause drPodder and then the second press to unpause will actually pass to Music (Remix) instead. However, if drPodder is the only media player running, then pause/unpause (via bluetooth) will both work in drPodder.
    Yeah that works if the headset has play/pause button specifically. It's actallu very useful and I've gotten used to controlling everything from volume to fastfarwarding at my ears if my phone is tucked away.

I dont know if this is a dr poser problem or a motorokr problem, but the controls can stop working sometimes unless you press the button a few times.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I've been using the Jabra BT 8040 earpiece. It is one of very few that support A2DP and it works great. Also, it is very light and comfortable. I use it daily with Dr. Podder. This is a good solution if you are driving as I am and cannot have a two ear headset. The volume controls work, and it pauses if you make or receive a call. You cannot pause it with the answer call button though.
    Quote Originally Posted by briwest View Post
    I use a Samsung WEP870 bluetooth headset for music and Dr. Podder and it works great.
    I just got the WEP 870 last night, and playing with it this morning, once the screen goes off on my Verizon Pre, the sounds get all choppy, and they (podcast with Dr, Podder, and music with Music Remix 2.0) sound like chipmunks.

What am I missing here?

forgot to mention I pre is overclocked at 1GHZ
    Last edited by techfellow; 12/02/2010 at 09:05 AM.
    BlueAnt T1 supports A2DP streaming and runs about $79 at Best Buy.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Move along nothing to see here, problem fixed, all I did was reboot the phone, and voila! it works flawlessly.