Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I just got my touchstone today and I got it hooked up to my pc but it doesn't charge.

battery is 6% and I left the plug home since I'm at work.

am I doing something wrong or is the pc charge too low to run it?
    You would have to mod the touchstone to work via usb. The usb doesn't produces enough juice to power the touchstone. There is a thread about moddding the touchstone to work. I successfully modded one.
    touchstone will ONLY work with the wall adapter and some car adapters.

the touchstone requires 1000mAh of power, and a usb port is never more than 500mAh

Edit: Mamouton posted too quick. I didn't know about someone making a modification, but that sounds interesting. Any links?
    It doesn't charge through the computer unless plugged directly into the phone. Touchstone doesn't work with the computer.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    wow, I sworn when I read the manual it was in there that it worked, iguess I need a extra plug and cable for use at work.

kinda sucks but oh well.
    plug and cable available at amazon.com for less than $10 delivered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    touchstone will ONLY work with the wall adapter and some car adapters.

the touchstone requires 1000mAh of power, and a usb port is never more than 500mAh

Edit: Mamouton posted too quick. I didn't know about someone making a modification, but that sounds interesting. Any links?
    I know you can mod a USB cable to register any charger connection as a "fast charger" to "work" with the touchstone. Of course you need to be careful with that so you don't over-draw the charger you're using...

Some motherboard manufactures are upping supplied power on USB 2.0 ports for devices like the iPad, but I think you'd still need a modified USB cable to get the touchstone running on those ports.
    You can also get double PC USB ended cables as used with some USB hard-drives.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    yeah it works now, kinda getting the constant charging battery notification but it works fine, gonna get some more patches.