Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, after being surprised with a shiny WebOS 2.0 running Pre 2 at dev day, I rummaged through the many boxes I have at home and finally found my Bluetooth Stowaway Keyboard, last used with my second TX before I got the Pre (and WebOS made palmOS just unbearable).

I turned on the (YAY, HID!) bluetooth on the pre, put two new batteries into the keyboard... and it works!

Sweet loving gods of interopability, it works! eeeee!!!!!!

(Yes, I am a fully grown man squealing via text like a girl. If it helps, I'm not actually squealing. Although I am known to utter an evil laugh once in a while.)

Yay!
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
  2.    #2  
    anyone who has the same bit: type in a NUMERIC passkey, and then hit enter/ok. Then, enter the same numbers in the paring field... and then it simply works. ee!!!
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    Quote Originally Posted by Planesdragon View Post
    So, after being surprised with a shiny WebOS 2.0 running Pre 2 at dev day, I rummaged through the many boxes I have at home and finally found my Bluetooth Stowaway Keyboard, last used with my second TX before I got the Pre (and WebOS made palmOS just unbearable).

I turned on the (YAY, HID!) bluetooth on the pre, put two new batteries into the keyboard... and it works!

(Yes, I am a fully grown man squealing via text like a girl. If it helps, I'm not actually squealing. Although I am known to utter an evil laugh once in a while.)

Yay!
    Nice!
    That's awesome! And even better news for the upcoming PalmPad
    Yep! I tested mine on Dieter's Pre 2 at Dev Day (have to get mine later) and told Palm's Jon Zilber it made me "stupidly happy" that it worked. {Jonathan}
    Great, does it support bluetooth transfer of contacts?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Hi all, I have just had my Pixi Plus for 3 weeks and still figuring it out (I am a long-time Palm user & fan....) I am also a long-time bluetooth keyboard user (& HUGE fan!!) , but there seems to be no solution for the Pre/Pixi.... I am not a developer, and my Pixi Plus runs on webOS 1.4.5 - is there a way I can make my Think Outside Stowaway Keyboard work with it?
    I think webOS 2.x has support for BT keyboards, unfortunately it isn't available for Pixis, sorry
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by Planesdragon View Post

Yay!
    Yes, that was all it was needed to do, to have again the old Stowaway BT Keyboard working with our Pre.

I have a ATT Pre+ with metadoctored HPwebOS 2.1, and I'm so happy using now the keyb. I missed it a lot.

I'm learning about what are the combined strokes that works...
    Avigo, Palm V, T, TE, T3, TX, Kyocera 7135, Centro, Pre minus, Pre Plus, PRE Ver, PRE 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    so if i go to best buy which should i buy for Pre minus runing webos 2.1.0 (does it work for pre minus or just pre2)
    You're not going to be able to find anything like the Stowaway keyboard (a fold-able bluetooth keyboard that has laptop-like keys so that you can type quickly) at stores like Best Buy. These kinds of keyboards disappeared from store shelves right when PDAs started really getting replaced by smartphones. You could find something like the Apple Wireless Bluetooth keyboard...but that's still far bigger than the Stowaway.

If you're prioritizing small size over the ability to type quickly, you could get something like the bluetooth version of the Rii mini. CompUSA/TigerDirect stores have them (called the eXo Bluetooth Mini Keyboard with Touchpad) but not Best Buy. Who knows if/how it would work given that it has a touchpad integrated.
    Check out the Jorno keyboard; it's supposedly coming soon and folds in a neat way as well. {Jonathan}
    Sweet, I have one from Treo days and it works great with iPad too, even holds it.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    The Palm BlueTooth Wireless keyboard (model 3445) works fine with the Pre2 I just received.

Same routine as above - to pair the two, enter the code on the keyboard and hit return (after choosing "Add Device" and pick "Keyboard").

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    A few pieces of feedback with regard to my ThinkOutside under webOS 2.1. First, I have to re-pair each time I use; it remembers the connection but doesn't reestablish it automatically. Have to enter a passcode each time. Next, when it first pairs, I get a rapidly repeating vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv that I have to delete to continue typing. Occasionally, when the Pre Plus is doing something (i.e. Multitasking), the keyboard input will freeze or repeat.

I've discovered that the Alt key is akin to the Grey/Orange key, at least in terms of cycling among regular/all caps/numbers, and the Ctrl key is like Sym. (Have not been able to make them combine with the P to do screenshots, though!)

Ultimately, it's not a perfect solution, at least not yet, but I can't tell how many of my issues arise out of the driver, how many from webOS generally, and how many because I've put many miles on my ThinkOutside beginning with my TX. That said...what do you imagine I'm using to write this post? {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    A few pieces of feedback with regard to my ThinkOutside under webOS 2.1. First, I have to re-pair each time I use; it remembers the connection but doesn't reestablish it automatically.
    Try putting the keyboard back in pairing mode when you open it (hitting ctrl+both Fn keys, i.e. blue and green). Works to re-pair it automatically for me!

Button mappings are like you said, and I can't figure out how to get it to do things like copy and paste text.
    I will try that; it didn't seem to work before. Thanks. {Jonathan}
    Nice! I got my old freedom input universal keyboard working with my 2.1.0 meta-doctored Pre-. Pairing works just the same way - numeric keypass typed into the Pre, same code blindly typed onto the keyboard, then "Enter"; all done.

But there is an issue with any non-US keyboard layout. Mine is a German one. So "y" and "z" are switched, many symbol keys are at the wrong place, and the umlaut keys are not working at all (giving symbols instead). Anyone knows where the HID-BT-keyboard layout can be hacked in WebOS 2.1.0?

Regards

Carsten
    I had bought the microsoft bluetooth keyboard 6000 a while back for use with my docked laptop in my HT. It's great for what it does. After I upgraded my Pre+ to 2.1, I decided hey lets give this a shot. Pairs up nicely! Only problem is I can't pair it with my computer and my phone at the same time. Which makes sense I guess.

It's kind of a pain to hit the recessed 'connect' button on the back though. I don't know how much I'll be using it.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I've got an old Stowaway (glad it wasn't throw-ed away!) keyboard too...but mine is infrared... Oh well, at least I know the functionality is coming...maybe on my Pre plus someday? Then I might get a BLUETOOTH keyboard.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast