Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
    The Palm BlueTooth Wireless keyboard (model 3445) works fine with the Pre2 I just received.

Same routine as above - to pair the two, enter the code on the keyboard and hit return (after choosing "Add Device" and pick "Keyboard").

WyreNut
    Do you mean Palm 3245WW Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard? And not the Palm BlueTooth Wireless keyboard (model 3445, as you mentioned in your post.
    I have a 3245WW and have been unable to pair it with my Sprint Pre running metadoctored 2.1.

Procedure:
    Pre: Enable Bluetooth
    Pre: Add Device
    Pre: Type > Keyboard
    BTKB: Hold Bluetooth Button
    BTKB: Orange Bluetooth Light flashes
    Pre: Asks for pass key

The instruction booklet for the keyboard I found online shows a passkey for Windows pairing of 4478. No passkey is included for PalmOS pairing. I've tried that code, 0000 and 1234 without success.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    OK. Mystery solved.

Continuing from above:
    Pre: Asks for pass key
    Pre: Entered 4478
    BTKB: Typed 4478 [Enter]

Devices paired. I hope someone can make use of the hour I just invested.
    I personally use the FreedomInput folding universal bluetooth keyboard. They make a smaller, pocketsize one too.

Freedom Input
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Best Buy - Just got the Bluetooth mobile 6000 micrsoft keyboard....$49 bucks mainly as an experiment to see if my Pre+ Sprint Franken pre running webos 2.1.0 will work.

SUCCESS!

SOlution:
    1. palm pre bluetooth app
    2. pair keyboard
    3. it will ask for a passkey = here I was stumped but followed @shaftdad above. Make up passkey i.e. 1234 hit next.
    4. Immediately go to new BT keyboard and type 1234 enter
    5. VOlLA!

It really works!

EDIT: This is amazing folks - I will take this to work tomorrow and I could take notes using memo pad and email them to my self. Hurry up with a editable word processor quick office!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    anyone know where I can get a folding keyboard bluetooth (the MSFT one works I bought but is too big to carry lol)
    Amazon and Ebay usually have some Think Outside Stowaway keyboards available.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    Amazon and Ebay usually have some Think Outside Stowaway keyboards available.
    I just bought a brand new, unopened Palm Wireless Bluetooth (model3245WW)keyboard on the eBay for $35.99. The auction for the same item closed at $99.75 for someone else. Amazon has it for between $99 and $200.
    Anybody try one of these? New Mini Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for Apple iPad, Mobile Phones, PC, Laptops, iPhone 4, PS3 and So Much More

Online Deals | Deals Site | DailySteals.com

I thought about buying one, but apparantly they are sold out. I wonder if it would work with webOS 2.x? By the way, that link will change daily...but this is what was on sale today.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

The standard Apple BT keyboards are working perfect also.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12