1.    #1  
    About three months ago, I got a Mugen Power 1400mAh battery for my Pre plus.

Now it seemed to last longer than the original, but lately it has been pretty pants with a full charge dissipating with regular use (3g and Wifi mostly) in about 36 hours.

In frustration, I put in a BP1 battery from my old Pre (non-plus) and gave it a full over night charge and it now seems to last for about 56 hours with the same usage.

Anyone else find that the Mugen batteries are not marvellous?

Very dissappointed with it.

A
    | Nullius in Verba|Treo 650 -> Treo 750V -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> Pre Plus |
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I just finished the first 12 hour charge on my mugen 2800 battery I got yesterday. 6am I turned on bluetooth, wifi. Checked email, preware updates, app store updates, and streamed youtube videos for about 20mins. I am now down to 90% at 7:26am. I will be posting my levels throughout the day. Oh and brightness set at 20%...
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    For got to mention govnah set at screenstate 500/1000. Email is set to "as arrive". That should help drain it a little faster. 8:12am-88% no usage since last post.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    11:54am EST- 72% listened to music for an hour and half, sent couple of text messages.
    which mugen battery do you have? have you used dr battery to callibrate and check health? most have reported good performance from Mugen (better than I've ad from my Siedio batteries) so I'm curious if yours is wearing out, defective, or just working hard because you have background tasks that you aren't aware of.

also, run jstop to see what's running. make sure you don't leave jstop or govna open as they both poll the phone constantly which taxes the cpu and battery.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I have the Mugen 2800mah. Dr. Battery report:
    Mfg rating of 2483mah
    Capacity-same
    Health is 100%
    Have not done a calibration yet I wanted to atleast finish the first cycle of charge and recharge. However I would like the secret code to set the mfg rating to 2800.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    12:30pm-68%. Ran Jstop, outside of built-apps I only have Brightness Unlinked running in the background.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Found the perfect holster for the Palm Pre with extended battery door. It's a blackberry vertical case. But it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    Found the perfect holster for the Palm Pre with extended battery door. It's a blackberry vertical case. But it works great.
    An iPod (Photo) works fine also, it even has the headphone jack in the same place

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    3:05pm-54%, no usage I'm fraken working...hope I can drain it by playing Angry Birds and H.A.W.K.S when I get home.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    6:17pm-30%, made it home at about 46% streamed youtube vids for about an hour, downloaded some podcasts, and played angry birds for about 30mins. Will be playing H.A.W.K.S for about 45mins.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    9:30pm-18%, played angry birds...alot, checked various updates, preware app store...etc. Turned brightness up to 50% keyboard backlite to 30%.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    10:49pm-10%, just got the 10% warning. I never got the 20% warning. Guess i'll put it on the charger now.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Day 2, 4:00pm-83%, took it off the charger at 8:30am checked usual updates, did web searches, downloaded and install Glass affect theme. Then was inactive for the rest of the time. System staus is as follows: brightness 40%, Govnah 500/800 screenstate, GPS-on, Bluetooth-on, wifi-on, changed Facebook to every hour. No backlite to keyboard during daylight hours.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Day 3, 11:22 am-100%, took off the charger about 9:30 am, checked usual updates, GPS-on,bluetooth -on, Govnah-500/800 screenstate. Started charging last night at 42% don't know if this will have any affect. the rumors about how painful it is run down these batteries (extended life) are true. so far the battery is lasting more than enough for me. I think i will skip charging tonight if i only get down to 40% again. In fact this will be a length-of-time test for this 3rd charging cycle.
    Last edited by espc31; 11/07/2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: clarification added the word "Down"
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Day 3, 6:25pm-71%, did a massive amount of web surfing and playing angry birds. Battery saving was very noticeable while I've been on wifi all day. At 12pm changed Govnah to 500/1000.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Day 4,10:08am-92%, disconnected from charger at 6:30am. Checked updates, left everything off except for wifi.Did a few web searches. 3hrs and only dropped 8%. I think I'll run it down and calibrate using dr. Battery tonight.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Day 5,12:03pm-85%, decided to charge last night due to live football app being set to 5min intervals for monday night football, playing H.A.W.X., and angry birds. I've been playing music for 2hrs this morning while working also updating work calendar and checking the usual updates.

On a 1400? I'll get, allegedly, 50+ hours with NO use and with all but phone turned off. Any regular use drops me to 20-30 some-odd hours of use. Today, I was in and out of poor reception for both voice and data, and trying to use mobile hotspot for about an hour. I burned 25% in about 3 hours.

With data on and off (half the time) I get between 29 and 34 hours of regular use.

Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    About three months ago, I got a Mugen Power 1400mAh battery for my Pre plus.

Now it seemed to last longer than the original, but lately it has been pretty pants with a full charge dissipating with regular use (3g and Wifi mostly) in about 36 hours.

In frustration, I put in a BP1 battery from my old Pre (non-plus) and gave it a full over night charge and it now seems to last for about 56 hours with the same usage.

Anyone else find that the Mugen batteries are not marvellous?

Very dissappointed with it.

A
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me