1.    #1  
    Just got a new touchstone recently. Misplaced my old one. Here is the issue: Once my pre plus is fully charged, the notification (charging battery) keeps popping up and making the alert sound. This only happens when the phone is fully charged. Never had this problem with my old touchstone.
    Is it losing charge or staying charged while it's on it?

If it's losing charge, it isn't making good contact, try putting a business card between the phone and the Touchstone.

And in Preware, there is a patch, Disable Charging Alert, that will get rid of the annoying bonging sound!!!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    when reading about that patch, I think you will find info indicating that you have a defective touchstone. There is also some info on putting a piece of paper between the TS and the phone.

haven't had the issue with the 6 or 8 I have (lost count) but I recall reading about those things. The patch just masks the true problem, so consider if you can get it replaced where you bought it.
  4.    #4  
    the phone charges fine. Once it's fully charged, that's when the alert starts happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    the phone charges fine. Once it's fully charged, that's when the alert starts happening.
    see if you can get it exchanged, and test it in the store (bring your pre fully charged to save time)

also, did you know that vzw is selling a $15 bundle that includes a touchstone and a really nice car charger? Free fedex shipping. If you paid more, you should order several and then return the defective one.

it's an amazing bargain!
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    see if you can get it exchanged, and test it in the store (bring your pre fully charged to save time)

also, did you know that vzw is selling a $15 bundle that includes a touchstone and a really nice car charger? Free fedex shipping. If you paid more, you should order several and then return the defective one.

it's an amazing bargain!
    Also includes a case as well...
  7.    #8  
    maybe I'll just buy a new one. It's just weird cuz the touchstone works. Once the battery is 100% charged, the bing-bong starts.
    maybe I'll just buy a new one. It's just weird cuz the touchstone works. Once the battery is 100% charged, the bing-bong starts.
    Have you tried placing a business card between the Touchstone and the Pre as suggested earlier in the thread. If it fixes/reduces the problem, then you need the solution described in the thread linked below. It solved my problem.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-solution.html
    Last edited by johncc; 11/25/2010 at 07:01 PM.
    Just got a new touchstone recently. Misplaced my old one. Here is the issue: Once my pre plus is fully charged, the notification (charging battery) keeps popping up and making the alert sound. This only happens when the phone is fully charged. Never had this problem with my old touchstone.
    I have the same issue with my Touchstone.